ermans drive, banging into each other

#1 von riluowanying123 , 12.03.2019 08:15

Shivani Kataria was hopeful of being named in the Indian swimming squad for her maiden Olympics, but while waiting for her flight back home to India after competing in the final Asian qualification event in Hong Kong in the first week of July, she could have been forgiven for not having been in the best of moods.The 18-year-old had boldly made a bid for the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle. Though she was competitive in each category, she missed the Olympic qualifying time by significant margins; her timing of 2:10.42 to complete the 200m freestyle was almost 12 seconds off the qualification mark.Yet, the fact that she was the only Indian woman who competed at the 2015 World Championship in Kazan, Russia eventually made it a formality for her name to be approved under the Universality rule alongside Sajan Prakash in the mens division. The call was made to Prakash, who relayed the information to Shivani.I just couldnt believe it, remembers Shivani. I couldnt sleep on the flight back home. I just kept thinking about it.Shivani, who is looking forward to meeting one of her idols Michael Phelps in Rio, would do well to heed the advice of Nisha Millet, the last Indian woman to have competed in the 200m freestyle at the Olympics 16 years ago.The Olympics can be quite overwhelming, especially when you are a teenager, says Millet, who like Shivani, was just 18 when she headed to Sydney for her maiden Olympics, little knowing that a persistent back problem would make it her last. Guys like Abhinav (Bindra) and Leander (Paes) are used to it in their fifth and seventh outing, but the media attention can be quite a lot to deal with. I won my heat with ease, but couldnt make the semi-finals. I attended the opening ceremony, but I skipped the marchpast since the swimming event was one of the first to be held. Yet, I think I allowed the pressure to get to me.Haryana-born Shivani, who, at the age of six, began swimming at the Baba Gang Nath swimming centre in Delhi during a summer camp, is quite self-assured and driven about her immediate goals.I have to record my best time there, says Shivani of Rio. No Indian has ever made the semis. I want to try and be the first.National coach Pradeep Kumar is a bit more cautiously optimistic, while giving a positive appraisal of Shivanis abilities. Shes got a good technique, and her physical fitness levels are good. She gets her body into a good position and shes blessed with a good kick. She can go faster because she can get stronger still, says Kumar, who has been working with Shivani over the past year, which has included her stint in Phuket along with Prakash. Our swimmers naturally have a slightly inferior technique, compared with the rest of the globe. Secondly, our swimmers and coaches need to have greater scientific assessment of the support that they need.Millet jokes that shes always been a bit scared of Shivani, as she is the first woman swimmer who has challenged and overtaken her 14-year-old national record, but adds a valuable advice that she has passed on to someone she says is carrying the torch forward for womens swimming alongside Damini Gowda of Karnataka.Indian swimmers are habituated to training in the evenings, because thats when finals normally take place, says Millet. But in reality, you cannot afford to let your timings drop even by a second, because that can make the difference between qualifying for a semis and not making it. I have advised her to train at half-past four or five in the mornings as well.On her part, Shivani is aware of the?importance of serving as a role model for younger swimmers, especially following an unpleasant personal experience.My state of Haryana hasnt been very supportive of girls in sport, especially swimming. Once somebody important came up to me and said that swimming costumes dont look good on girls. She further said that I shouldnt be swimming for too many years. I didnt like the fact that their thinking is like that, says Shivani. After me, now theyll tell their children to take up the sport. Our state doesnt have a 50m swimming pool, which I want to help build.Rio should be just the beginning, as Kumar and Millet both agree, for someone who will have at least six or eight years ahead of herself at the highest level. Kumar wants university sport in India to emulate the American model, and thinks that India must try and get both Prakash and Shivani to enroll in universities abroad on swimming scholarships.Shivani, who has been working with a psychologist over the past few months, echoes her coachs thoughts about the importance of mental toughness. I think mental fitness is even more important than physical fitness, says Shivani. For most people, it might be a 50-50 ratio, but for me it is more 60-40. If you win the mental battle, then physically you will do what your brain says.It is this mental strength that Shivani Kataria will bank upon to realise not just her goals, but those for a very exclusive club of Indians to have made it to the Olympics, beginning with Arati Saha and Dolly Nazar in 1952, through to Sangeeta Puri, Nisha Millet and Shikha Tandon in the last twenty years.As coach Pradeep Kumar says, If the mind works, everything just falls in place. Air Max Bestellen . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Air Max Goedkoop Heren . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. http://www.goedkopeairmaxnederland.com/ .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Air Max Nederland .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Air Max Goedkoop . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013.DENVER -- Ross Ohlendorf returned to the big leagues with a new windup and delivered quite a performance. Displaying a throwback motion with an exaggerated rock step and lifting both arms over his head, Ohlendorf pitched six strong innings in his Washington debut as the Nationals beat the Colorado Rockies 5-1 Wednesday night. Ian Desmond backed him with two hits and three RBIs for the Nationals third win in their last 12 road games. "My windup, I started doing this year," Ohlendorf said. "It gives me rhythm and helps me stay loose, and the ball has been coming out well pitching that way." Well enough to keep the Rockies hitters guessing. "Sometimes you get ready too early," Nolan Arenado said. "Then you get ready too late. You couldnt find that balance. He kept the ball down. He mixed in both sides of the plate. Youve got to give him credit. He did a good job." Recalled earlier in the day from Triple-A Syracuse, Ohlendorf (1-0) allowed one run and two hits in his first start since last Aug. 17 with San Diego against San Francisco. "It couldnt have been easy," said Desmond, who matched a season high with his three RBIs. "I know hes got to be hungry to get back to the big leagues. To come up and deliver like that, thats an outing weve been needing all year. To hold the Rockies at home, all their guys are hot, he did an unbelievable job." Signed by Washington last winter as a minor league free agent, Ohlendorf became the eighth starting pitcher used by the Nationals this year, matching last seasons total. Stephen Strasburg and Ross Detwiler remain on the disabled list but are due to return soon. However, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said he was impressed by Ohlendorf and hopes to find a way to keep the Princeton product around for a while. And he kind of likes his windup. "Its old-fashioned," Johnson said. Desmond extended his hitting streak to a career-high 14 games with an RBI single in the fourth to give the Nationals a 1-0 lead. Washington struck for three more in the sixth and chased starter Jorge De La Rosa (7-4), beating him for the first time in the past five tries. De La Rosa, who has been dealing with a nagging cut on the middle finger of his pitching hand, went 5 1-3 innings and allowed three runs on four hits.ddddddddddddHe struck out five and walked three. De La Rosa had gone 3-0 with a 4.44 ERA in his previous four starts against the Nationals. "He struggled through some of his outing and again in the end," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "He kept us close enough to win a game. He had to work pretty hard, threw a lot of pitches." Jeff Kobernus began Washingtons burst with a one-out walk in the sixth and Ryan Zimmerman doubled to the wall in deep left-centre, scoring Kobernus. Left fielder Carlos Gonzalez and centre fielder Dexter Fowler both converged on Zimmermans drive, banging into each other as Fowler jumped at the wall. The ball dribbled to the ground and Fowler threw it back in. Both players, though shaken up, remained in the game. Adam Ottavino relieved De La Rosa and Wilin Rosario replaced catcher Yorvit Torrealba in a double switch. One out later, Adam LaRoche was walked intentionally and went to second on a wild pitch before Desmond singled up the middle, scoring Zimmerman and LaRoche. Gonzalez tripled in a run for Colorado in the sixth but Washington got it back in the eighth on an RBI double by Anthony Rendon, who has a hit in seven straight games. NOTES: Nationals C Wilson Ramos re-injured his left hamstring running first-to-third drills two days ago at the clubs facility in Viera, Fla. Johnson termed it a slight setback but said it would be "a long shot" for Ramos to return before the All-Star break. ... The Nationals made room for Ohlendorf by optioning RHP Nathan Karns to Double-A Harrisburg. ... The Rockies announced before the game that they had signed their top draft pick, Oklahoma pitcher Jonathan Gray. The third overall selection in last weeks draft, Gray is the highest pick to sign so far. ... OF Eric Young Jr. was designated for assignment by the Rockies, and RHP Chris Volstad was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs. ... OF Michael Cuddyer missed a fifth straight game for the Rockies because of a right ribcage strain but is expected to return for Thursdays series finale. ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

ight game without center Al Horford, w
to Bush.I definitely had too much

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz