0 after hitting his 42nd home run

#1 von MJL456 , 01.04.2018 13:57

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- When the game is on the line in the closing minutes, Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr looks for inspiration in an unusual place.Instead of trying to emulate quarterbacks known for late-game heroics like Ken Stabler or Tom Brady, Carr looks to the basketball court and Kobe Bryant for a player to imitate.In my head, Im a big Kobe fan, Carr said Wednesday. That Mamba mentality. You have to go out there and you have to do it. Ive studied him and watched him forever. Thats always been my mindset when I get into close situations. They dont always work out, but thats where my mind is at.Carr delivered in the clutch in the opener at New Orleans, driving the Raiders 75 yards in the closing minutes to throw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Seth Roberts with 47 seconds remaining. He followed that up with a 2-point conversion pass to Michael Crabtree that gave Oakland a 35-34 win.Carr said the key in those situations is slowing the game down and making sure small things like footwork and his eye placement are proper so the results follow.I definitely have worked on it, Carr said. Theres times where I get emotionally hijacked, then Ill try and force something and do something. I just tried the whole game to be my same competitive self just with the same mentality good or bad. I felt that being able to stay that way kept my mind in a good spot throughout the whole game.The comeback in the opener marked the sixth time in two-plus seasons that Carr has a led a fourth-quarter comeback. He had a strong performance in all as he shows even more improvement at the start of his third NFL season. He completed 24 of 38 passes for 319 yards, while committing no turnovers and taking no sacks. He threw the one TD pass and also converted a pair of 2-point tries that helped lead Oakland to the win.The Raiders look to follow that with another win in the home opener Sunday against Atlanta (0-1) as they seek their first 2-0 start since the 2002 seasonWe came away very impressed, Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. We knew that he was a nice athlete but having the vision to (know) where to hitch up, when to scramble, when to convert, those are the things that come with some maturity, you know, `Where this is a time where I can go take my shot to run it for a first down. He totally captured that part.Before the late drive to win the game, Carrs most notable play might have come with his legs when he scrambled 11 yards to convert a third-and-9 in the second quarter. He capped the run with a summersault flip over defender DeVante Harris and followed that with an emphatic first-down signal.Carr injured his hand in last years opener when he tried to stiff-arm Cincinnatis Adam Jones on a scramble and coach Jack Del Rio wants him to be more cautious when he runs because he is too important to the team.Its really hard, especially in the flow of the game, Carr said. Coach was happy that I stopped trying to run people over and use the stiff arm. Now he said, `Unless its for the Super Bowl, stop flipping over people, too. I think everyones heart dropped when I did that, I think mine did too.Game notes RT Austin Howard returned to practice after missing the opener with a sprained right ankle. ... OL Menelik Watson (groin) and Matt McCants (knee) missed practice after leaving last weeks game with injuries. ... Starting C Rodney Hudson and G Gabe Jackson also did not practice.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Hockey Capitals Jerseys . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Jay Beagle Jersey . JOHNS, N. http://www.capitalsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=braden-holtby-jersey . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Womens Capitals Jerseys . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Andre Burakovsky Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Minnesota Twins closer Brandon Kintzler was concentrating on Terrance Gore, the Kansas City Royals pinch-runner, not Paulo Orlando, the hitter.After Salvador Perezs pinch-hit RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning pulled the Royals within a run, Gore ran for him. With Orlando, who had four hits to match his career high, at bat, Kintzler picked Gore off first base to preserve the Twins 7-6 victory Thursday night.Gore was initially called safe, but after a 1 minute, 15 second review, the call was reversed to end the game.Kintzler made two throws to first baseman Kennys Vargas and the second one nabbed Gore.I think the game plan was just forget the hitter and try to pick the guy off, Kintzler said. I knew I had him. But, you just never know what the replay is going to say. Ive never ended the game on a pickoff. Maybe when I was a kid.Gore is used almost strictly as a pinch-runner and has 11 steals in 12 attempts this season.He got caught leaning, Royals manager Ned Yost said.Byron Buxton tripled, doubled, drove in two runs and scored twice in the victory.Buxtons one-out double triggered a three-run ninth off Kelvin Herrera (2-6). Robbie Grossman, Miguel Sano and Max Kepler contributed run-scoring singles in the ninth.The Twins won for the first time in 10 games this season at Kauffman Stadium.Michael Tonkin (3-2) was the winner, while Kintzler logged his 16th save in 19 opportunities despite giving up two runs, three hits and a walk.Royals left-hander Danny Duffy was pulled with one out in the seventh, allowing four runs and eight hits, including a solo homer to Vargas in the sixth.The Twins three-run seventh included a two-run triple by Buxton, who scored on Jorge Polancos single.Twins starter Kyle Gibson failed to hold the two-run lead through the bottom of the inning. Jarrod Dyson tripled home Drew Butera and scored on Whit Merrifields single to tie the score.Orlando had two doubles, while Butera had three hits, equaling his career best, including a single to lead off the ninth.ddddddddddddRoyals designated hitter Kendrys Morales was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the fifth inning.He got sick, Yost said. He was running a little bit of a fever and was down in energy.DOZIER SITSTwins 2B Brian Dozier, who is 1 for 30 after hitting his 42nd home run in his first at-bat on Sept. 22, did not start for the first time since May 24. When you get tired you start trying to muscle the ball and hes been a little more impatient the last couple of days, Twins manager Paul Molitor said. Were down to 12 at-bats if he plays the next three games, roughly. Give up three to try to make the last 12 really good. ... Eduardo Escobar made his first start of the season at second base. He started four games there last season.ONE MORE VICTORYThe Royals need one victory in their final three games to have a winning record for the fourth consecutive year. The last time the Royals accomplished that was 1975-1980, six straight winning seasons.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: 1B Joe Mauer, who is hitless in his past 15 at-bats, missed the three games against the Royals with a quad injury.Royals: RHP Kris Medlen, who is on the 60-day DL with rotator cuff inflammation, said he is shut down until November when he will begin a throwing program. Beyond frustrating, Medlen described his season. He was 1/3 with a 7.77 ERA in six starts.UP NEXTTwins: RHP Tyler Duffey has allowed 198 base runners (161 hits), 31 walks and six hit batters in 131 innings. He will make his final start Friday at the White Sox, who will counter with LHP Carlos Rodon.Royals: RHP Yordano Ventura is 0-1 with 5.40 ERA in two starts this season against the Indians. Cleveland LHP Ryan Merritt will make his first big league start. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456
ABCshowteam-FanDeluxe

and let them do their jobs so I can do my jo
ill some beautiful tubes, Wilkinso

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz