DORTMUND, Germany -- Borussia Dortmund is in the quarterfinals of the Champions League for the second consecutive season -- alth

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 29.05.2018 08:50

DORTMUND, Germany -- Borussia Dortmund is in the quarterfinals of the Champions League for the second consecutive season -- although it looks far less intimidating than the team that reached the final last year. Vince Biegel Jersey . Crippled by a series of injuries to key players and struggling at home this season, Dortmund was far from convincing in a 2-1 defeat to Zenit on Wednesday. However, the 4-2 victory in the first leg in St. Petersburg was enough for Juergen Klopps side to win 5-4 on aggregate and seal its place in Fridays draw. Hulk scored in the 16th for Zenit and captain Sebastian Kehl equalized for Dortmund in the 38th. Substitute Jose Rondon scored with a diving header in the 73rd to seal Zenits win on the night, though it was an empty victory. Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller turned away a late shot by Igor Smolnikov to prevent an even bigger defeat. In the nights other match, Manchester United advanced with a 3-0 win over Olympiakos, courtesy of a hat trick by Robin van Persie and a 3-2 victory on aggregate. "We surely didnt play a great game but we are in the quarterfinals," Kehl said. "That goal by Kehl allowed us to calm down," said Klopp, who acknowledged the quality of the Russian side. "They can really play and they gave us some problems." Dortmund will be without striker Robert Lewandowski for the first leg of the quarterfinals after he picked up his third yellow card of the competition for handling the ball. "I thought I had been pushed from behind and thats why handled the ball," Lewandowski said. "The main thing is that we went through." "The yellow card was laughable," Klopp said. With its comfortable lead from the first leg, Dortmund allowed Zenit to get into the match quickly, through a spectacular solo effort by Hulk. The Brazil striker shook off Kehl and cut inside past two defenders to blast a left-foot shot that swerved away from goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller on its way into the net. Zenit threatened a couple more times before Kehl got the equalizer. Marcel Schmelzer broke down the left flank and swung in a high cross. Kehl raced into the area and rose above the defence to send in a header that keeper Vyacheslav Malafeev got both hands to -- but could only push into the net. It was the captains first Champions League goal in 30 matches. "They have some good players up front but we didnt allow them too many chances," Kehl said. Early in the second half, Hulk unleashed a fierce free kick from about 30 metres (yards) that sailed high. Rondon scored Zenits second following a cross by Domenico Criscito from just outside the penalty area on the left -- evading defender Mats Hummels to head home from close range. Zenit, coached by Sergei Semak on an interim basis until Andre Villas-Boas takes over when the team returns home, kept up the pressure and Igor Smolnikov sent a low shot that Weidenfeller barely managed to turn away in the 88th. The last time Dortmund made it to the last eight in two straight seasons was 16 years ago. It won the title in 1997 and then reached the semifinals. Lance Kendricks Jersey . - Mike Magee converted two penalty kicks in a 10-minute span of the first half and the Chicago Fire beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1 on Sunday. Marwin Evans Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. http://www.packersshopfootball.com/packers-lane-taylor-navy-blue-jersey/ .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The numbers keep piling up and so do the wins. Still, for anyone watching closely, its hard to fight the feeling that somethings not quite right with Peyton Manning. The feeling snuck up again Wednesday. With the undefeated Chiefs next on the schedule, Manning sat out of the weeks first practice to give his tender ankles -- which make him feel like the James Caan character in the movie "Misery," as Jim Nantz recounted Manning telling him -- a bit of a rest. "Its my preference to be out there, but at the same time, I kind of do whats best for the team in order for me to get healthy," said Manning, who participated in the team walk-through, then headed to the trainers room for rehab. Not that giving a 16-year veteran a day off every now and then is all that unusual -- or that giving Denvers "Plan B," backup Brock Osweiler, some much-needed work with the first team is such a bad idea. But Manning does not take kindly to missing practices, as he told his coach and trainer three weeks ago, when his balky ankle (or ankles, depending on who you talk to) made him a scratch for the first time as a Bronco in a regular-season practice. "I can assure you I did not go down without a fight," he said that day. This time, he said hed been pretty much resigned to sitting out since Monday, when an MRI showed no further damage to Mannings right ankle following a low hit from Chargers lineman Corey Liuget. "It happens with a lot of guys. Champ (Bailey). Wes (Welker)," Manning said. "I dont know if its an age-bracket thing or what. Ive made a lot of adjustments these past two years at this point in my career and this is just another one of them." More than a missed practice or two, its how Manning has been looking on the field the last few weeks that has brought about some head scratching. Ever since Jason Babin of Jacksonville hit him low in a game Oct. 13 and Manning lit into officials for not calling anything, he has looked a bit more rushed than usual in the pocket. His passes, never works of art on his healthiest days, have wobbled a bit more. He has been slightly quicker to throw to the safety valve coming out of the backfield. There are many reasons that could explain that, including the fact that Denvers wide receivers are seeing more press coverage. Either way, Knowshon Moreno has 24 catches and is Denvers leader in receptions since the Jacksonville game. Dating to that game, Manning has thrown five of his six inteerceptions. Clay Matthews Jersey. Not surprisingly, hes been sacked and stripped of the ball from the blindside once a game for the last three, starting when Robert Mathis of the Colts burned left tackle Chris Clark for a safety in Denvers lone loss this season. Mannings latest setback came courtesy of Liuget, who dove at the quarterbacks ankles and left him wincing in pain at the end of Denvers 28-20 win last week. The Broncos were peeved enough over that hit, they sent it to the league to review. The league said the hit wasnt illegal. "Were playing football," said Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio. "People are going to get hit. We do as good a job as anybody out there in terms of protecting our guy. Its important to us. Well continue to do that. But at the end of the day, its football." Next up, the Broncos face Kansas City, which leads the league with 36 sacks -- not exactly the matchup they want with a quarterback whos less than 100 per cent and doesnt move well when he is at full strength. At whatever level hes playing, Manning is still producing. His 3,249 yards and 33 touchdown passes are still both well ahead of record pace. The Broncos are 8-1 and would climb into a first-place tie in the AFC West by beating the Chiefs. Yes, the weather will get worse, starting Sunday, when the forecast calls for a high of 40 with a chance of snow. And yes, the competition gets tougher, also starting Sunday, when the Broncos play the Chiefs, followed by road games against New England and the divisional rematch at Kansas City. Manning said if he had to, he could be ready for Sundays game without practicing at all. That wouldnt faze the Denver receivers. "You still want to get some throws in and get some work in throughout the week," Eric Decker said. "But a lot of that is taken care of physically, and mentally is the big part of it." Manning, though, expects to be on the practice field before the week is out. Skipping practice "kind of goes against what I believe in," he said. "I believe in practice. I believe theres a reason for it." Notes: LB Nate Irving (shoulder) was held out of practice with the shoulder injury he suffered last week. ... CB Champ Bailey was limited, in hopes of returning for the first time since reinjuring his foot against Indianapolis on Oct. 20. ... RB Ronnie Hillman was inactive for the second straight game last Sunday but his replacement, C.J. Anderson, did not get any touches on offence. Wholesale NFL T-shirts China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220
ABCshowteam-ÜberFan

HALIFAX -- The Nova Scotia government plans to spend $600,000 over the next two years to bring a professional golf tournament to
TSN Radio becomes the Canadian licensed radio broadcaster of 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, delivering extensive live game coverage

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz