in the fourth. Duvall is the first Cincinnati outfie

#1 von riluowanying123 , 03.05.2018 10:41

LONDON -- As unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin prepares to make his 17th defense, against Englands Kell Brook, theres a third wheel muscling in on the attention being paid to their fight: lineal middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez.Golovkin, a knockout machine and perhaps boxings most feared fighter, has come to the birthplace of boxing to defend against Brook on his turf on Saturday (HBO, 5:30 p.m. ET/PT with a replay at 10 p.m. ET/PT) at the sold-out O2 Arena because Alvarez has steadfastly refused to fight him, going so far as to relinquish his sanctioning organization belt rather than fulfill a mandatory obligation to Golovkin in a megafight.The typically mild-mannered Golovkin normally doesnt utter a negative word about anybody, but Alvarezs gamesmanship clearly has annoyed him. He has been more outspoken about the situation than ever before.Its like a circus, too many clowns, Golovkin said. Canelo knows he doesnt want to fight me. Why do you keep talking then?Although Alvarez won the lineal middleweight title, he did so at his preferred catch weight of 155 pounds against Miguel Cotto last November and continues to resist a move to 160 pounds. Instead of agreeing to face Golovkin, as he appeared to do following his huge knockout of Amir Khan, a welterweight who moved up, in a May defense, Alvarez is retreating to junior middleweight. He will return to 154 pounds, where he once held titles, to challenge titleholder Liam Smith, Brooks countryman, on Sept. 17 (HBO PPV) at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.Golovkin, who has knocked out 22 consecutive opponents since 2008 and owns the best knockout percentage in middleweight title history (.914), is resistant to any criticism that he is picking on a welterweight in Brook, who owns a world title and is considered by many No. 1 at 147 pounds, the same way Alvarez did with Khan.Canelo was the middleweight champion and chose Amir Khan, said Golovkin, who has been rebuffed by a whos who of the middleweight division in recent years. We didnt choose Brook. He chose me. My goal is all the middleweight belts. Canelo is not ready until next year or maybe not for five years.The 30-year-old Brook (36-0, 25 KOs) had no fear of facing Golovkin (35-0, 32 KOs), jumping at the chance when offered the fight after a bout between GGG and another Brit, middleweight contender Chris Eubank Jr., fell apart in the final moments when Eubank allowed the deadline to pass without signing.This fight is much bigger than if I faced Eubank, Golovkin said. [Brook] is a champion, hes undefeated, he is more famous. Who knows Eubank? Everybody understands he is 50 percent clown, 50 percent fighter. OK, he says hes ready, hes fighting. [Then] hes not ready, more dancing, more talking, trash talking. Hes like clown.Brook is moving up two weight divisions in an attempt to become the third reigning welterweight titlist to win a middleweight title in boxing history, joining all-time greats Sugar Ray Robinson and Carmen Basilio. Kazakhstans Golovkin, 34, who fights out of Santa Monica, California, respects the fire Brook has shown in accepting this difficult assignment.Everybody has risk in boxing, Golovkin said. Hes moving up and taking that risk, and for that I have a great deal of respect for him. Brook is dangerous. He has a very high boxing IQ and were fighting in his country.Golovkin, however, said he has little respect for Alvarez after the way he led him to believe they would fight on next weeks Mexican Independence Day weekend.After Alvarez knocked out Khan, he called Golovkin into the ring, telling him to his face that Mexicans dont f--- around and seemingly promising they would fight next.At the postfight news conference, Alvarez said he would even fight GGG at 160 pounds, and his promoter, Golden Boys Oscar De La Hoya, put on an over-the-top display, telling the media that Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler, of K2 Promotions, should make sure his phone was on because he would be calling him the following day to open discussions.But instead of trying to make the fight, Alvarez vacated his title, which interim titlist Golovkin inherited, and eventually signed to fight Smith, who was all but unknown outside the United Kingdom. Alvarez also promised that he would fight Golovkin next September, although there is no formal agreement and few believe him.Golovkin does not think it will happen and that Alvarez will continue to make him and the public wait for the big fight.Impossible, he said of Alvarez agreeing to fight him in 2017. But maybe if I look bad with Kell Brook or another guy and hes ready, but [only] if I look bad.An Alvarez-Golovkin fight looms as one of the biggest in boxing, but it could play out like the frustrating Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight, which took years to make. Golden Boys Eric Gomez, promoted this week to president of the company, has said repeatedly to ESPN.com that Alvarez will fight Golovkin, but he would not give a timetable.That is the biggest fight, with Canelo, Golovkin said. But he stepped back. He is like loser. After Khan he said, OK, G, come into the ring. Im asking, What you want? He said, Im OK, I looked good. We fight. Then at the press conference, he says, I am ready, give me gloves. Im ready right now. Too much talking. This is not true. He is saying, I am ready [but] maybe not next fight. Next year. Everybody understands he said I am ready right now. I gave him too much attention. I do not believe he is ready.I know him. We trained together, like, three training camps. We sparred together. I know his team. He is not ready. I told him, Please just give me my belt, and thats it. He says OK and steps back. Too much talking, too much trash talking. Just give me my belt and get out of here. Maybe its business. After [the Khan] press conference I lost respect for him because he talks too much.Abel Sanchez, Golovkins trainer and the 2015 Boxing Writers Association trainer of the year, said Golovkin is angry that Alvarez is playing games.When the whole Canelo fiasco first started, when he fought Cotto, we were trying to just be laid back and let him talk and let him do his thing, Sanchez said. Once he called Golovkin into the ring, Golovkin was very offended. He may not say that to you, but I know Golovkin and Golovkin was like, What the hell did they call me in here for if hes not going to be true to his word?But when he did that and he showed all that bravado and then backed down, I think it set off something in Golovkin that was like, You know what? Im through being a nice guy. Im through not saying the things that I honestly think.Sanchez shares the opinion of Golovkin and many others who do not believe Alvarez will fight him next year.I dont think so. Weve had that discussion, and I honestly dont think so either, Sanchez said. I think Canelo knows he doesnt stand a chance and I think that Oscar knows that he doesnt stand a chance. But the more they talk, the more they stay relevant. We as the GGG team just keep GGG busy. When you keep him busy, eventually the fans will have so much pressure on Canelo, as the Mexican fans are doing right now, and the journalists. Dont talk if youre not going to back it up.Sanchez said that had Alvarez and Golden Boy simply told Golovkin that Alvarez was not ready for the fight, vacated and said he would come back and fight Golovkin for the title in a few fights, Golovkin would have been cool with that.But he called G in the ring and said some bad things in Spanish and then Oscar goes in the press conference and says, Tom, make sure you answer the phone. Come on, Sanchez said.Then along came Brook, daring to be great and going up to fight the man nobody else wants to face. Golovkin and Sanchez both respect that. A lot.I think a guy like Kell and a guy like [Sugar Ray] Leonard and guys like Robinson, those guys are wanting to test themselves to see where theyre at, Sanchez said. Theres nothing wrong with saying, You know what? That guy was just too big [if you lose]. But when they introduce you as middleweight champion and you talk all kinds of nonsense and then give up the title, how can you have any respect for somebody like that?Said Golovkin: Kell Brook has my full respect. Its not easy for us to get opponents. Hes ready for me and Im ready for him. Kell Brook is the biggest test to me. Hes a great champion, hes moving up in weight, but great fighters have done that and I know hes a great boxer and he will test me the most. Cheap Air Jordan 21 Retro . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. Cheap Air Jordan For Sale .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.airjordancheap.com/cheap-air-jordan-8-retro/ .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Cheap Air Jordan 7 Retro .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Cheap Air Jordan Basketball Shoes . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. CINCINNATI -- Bartolo Colon got an early start on New Yorks trip to Cincinnati, and it paid off in a big way for the Mets.Colon pitched six innings of five-hit ball and Matt Reynolds homered to the lead the Mets to a 5-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Monday.We had a man on the mound today, New York manager Terry Collins said. Nothing fazes him. Gave us what he always does, quality innings. Hes an amazing guy.Colon (13-7) improved to 4-1 with a 2.25 ERA in his last seven starts. The Reds put a runner on third with nobody out on two occasions, and Colon wiggled out of the jam each time.Kelly Johnson also went deep as the Mets won for the sixth time in eight games. It was New Yorks 12th straight victory over Cincinnati.The Mets remained one game back of St. Louis for the second NL wild card after the Cardinals won 12-6 at sliding Pittsburgh.New York had a short turnaround after a 5-1 victory over Washington on Sunday night, arriving in Cincinnati early Monday morning. Four regulars -- outfielders Curtis Granderson and Yoenis Cespedes and infielders Jose Reyes and Asdrubal Cabera -- were out of the starting lineup.But the 43-year-old Colon got plenty of rest after traveling to Cincy on Sunday.Never had any pressure at all. I knew a lot of the veterans were getting a day off today, Colon said through a translator. Getting ahead of the hitters was key for me.Jay Bruce went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts in his first game in Cincinnati since the Reds traded him to the Mets on Aug. 1.It was a bit odd, coming over to the visiting side for the first time, Bruce said. Definitely odd being on the other side, but once the first pitch is thrown, its just baseball.Robert Stephenson, one of Cincinnatis top prospects, struck out nine in 5 1/3 innings. He allowed two runs and six hits, but fell short in his bid to become the first Cincinnati pitcher since Wayne Simpson in 1970 to win each of his first three major league starts.The 23-year-old Stephenson (2-1), who beat Philadelphia and Colorado in a pair of spot starts in April, said feels less pressure in thee majors than he did in the minor leagues.ddddddddddddIts just confidence, he said. Im not trying to get back to this level. Im already here. Now Im just trying to have fun.Reynolds, recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas before the game, hit his third homer of the season with one out in the third inning. He also had an RBI single in New Yorks three-run seventh and finished with three hits.Reynolds checked into the Mets Cincinnati hotel at 9:15 Monday morning after flying all night from Salt Lake City.Its everything I can ask for, Reynolds said. I just want to help the team win. It just happened I had a couple of big hits.Johnson led off the fifth with his 10th homer.The Mets have hit 18 home runs in their last 11 games at Great American Ball Park and 185 overall this season for their best total since the 2006 team set the franchise record with 200.GRACIOUS HOSTSThe Reds honored Bruce and his wife, Hannah, in a pregame ceremony for his contributions to the team on the field and the couples work in the community during his nearly nine seasons with Cincinnati.AMBITIOUSNew Yorks Wilmer Flores was thrown out by left fielder Adam Duvall trying to stretch hits in each of his first two at bats, at second in the first inning and at third in the fourth. Duvall is the first Cincinnati outfielder with two assists in one game since Bruce on Aug. 5, 2014, at Cleveland, according to the Reds.DOUBLE TROUBLEAfter tying their season high by hitting into four double plays in a 5-2 loss to St. Louis on Sunday, the Reds hit into double plays in each of the first two innings on Monday against the Mets.TRAINERS ROOMReds: 2B Brandon Phillips returned to the starting lineup after being scratched each of the previous two days with a sore left foot.UP NEXTMets RHP Rafael Montero (0-0) and Reds LHP Brandon Finnegan (8-10) are scheduled to start on Tuesday. Finnegan has limited opposing batters to a .132 average (9 for 68) over his last three starts. Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

for the injured Shkodran Mustafi, crossed for
teammates with pin-point passes for eas

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz