t about your product. And y

#1 von xuezhiqian123 , 27.02.2020 08:14

A few days ago Wholesale Luke Kuechly Jersey , as I flipped through a business book in an airport, I came across the words "decision team".

When I began talking about the buyer's decision issues, and introduced the term "decision team" to an audience 15 years ago, only one person came up to me afterwards and asked what a decision team was. Because sellers always assumed that their pitch or product would rule the day and that buyers had to be somehow convinced, the words "decision team" were of little interest at the time.

But as we've progressed, and as we understand how the net has taken over a good portion of your sales jobs, we've begun to understand how important the buyer's decision is. Indeed Wholesale Cam Newton Jersey , it always has played the pivotal role in the buying process: you just didn't know what to do about it.

For some reason, however ? and hopefully this is the sales profession's last gasp ? sellers seem to think that they have to drive the sale. In reality, it's the buyer. It's always been the buyer. The only control you 've ever had over the buying process is the way you deliver your content. You've had no earthly idea of what is going on within the buyer's buying environment, although you pride yourselves on understanding the specifics of the problem your product resolves. And, until I developed the Buying Facilitation Method, there was no way to get deeply imbedded within the buyer's culture to support the range of decisions that a new purchase would demand.

INSIDE VS OUTSIDE KNOWLEDGE

So when flipping pages in the book, it was delightful to see a sign that my ideas were beginning to enter the mainstream. But I quickly realized that the authors were advocating Same old Wholesale Christian McCaffrey Jersey , Same old, and indeed still approaching the buying decision, and decision teams, through the lens of sales.

I'm going to repeat my much used mantra: do you want to sell? Or have someone buy? They are two different activities. And the best that sellers can do, using a product-focused approach, is to have control over the content, and recognize how and when to ensure the product gets adopted appropriately Wholesale Jordan Scarlett Jersey , in the right way, in the right environment, and with integrity.

The buyer is the only one ? THE ONLY ONE ? who has the means, the knowledge, the political influence, and the capacity to align and manage all of the internal elements that need to be addressed before a buying decision can be made. For some reason - sellers, like change managers Wholesale Christian Miller Jersey , coaches, and consultants ? believe that because they recognize and understand the area immediately around the problem that their product solves, and they've seen it countless times, they know how the buyer needs to buy.

It was fascinating to me that the author of the book was advocating that sellers should influence their internal coach to make sure the ?right? people showed up on the decision team, and to make sure they had the ?right? content to help them reach the ?right? decision.

THE FAULTY ASSUMPTIONS OF SELLERS

Let's take a look at those assumptions. First of all, you approach a buyer's problem as if it were an island that only interacts with those departments and solutions that immediately touch it.

This is a faulty assumption. Like my clients with a large electronic banking solution who waited 2 years before their prospect figured out there was a union problem that had to be managed (and all the while my client was partnering with the CIO, CTO and CFO who helped them design a fabulous electronic solution) before they could buy. There was no way my client would have known to ask about Wholesale Will Grier Jersey , or resolve, a union problem from his position as sales professional (or Partner, in this case).

You will never know how a problem got to be sitting there, awaiting a solution.

Next: your belief that you have control over the purchase and the decision team is arrogant. You have control over one thing, and one thing only: your product. Yes, you can tell that the buyer needs you. Yes, it is obvious that your product will solve the problem. And Wholesale Greg Little Jersey , yes, you're ?consultant?, 'relationship manager?, and 'trusted advisor?; you ?care? about your customers; and will ?only? sell your product to the buyers who ?need? it. Oh? one more thing: you certainly ask the ?right? questions so you know that the customer really needs your product. Right.

But of course, those are just words; you're in the same position you've been in for decades, if not centuries. You still close no more then 7% of your prospective sales. If you really had the control you assume you have, you would have closed a lot more sales in a lot less time.

Your buyers don't need to buy your product. Let me repeat that: your buyers don't need to buy your product. They need to solve a business problem. If your product is a part of their solution Wholesale Brian Burns Jersey , then they'll buy it. If they can fix the problem themselves with familiar resources, or design an easier solution, or design a solution that chooses one of our competitors for some unknown reason, they'll do it. No matter how smart you are, how wonderous your product is, or how much they like you, buyers buy only when your product fits into their business solution.

One last thing: as an outsider you have no idea ? no idea ? what other areas of the company (or team Cheap Marquis Haynes Jersey , or family) were involved in creating and maintaining the problem, and what people or initiatives or rules or relationships are connected in some way with a solution. If it's a software solution you have, maybe your buyer needs to address user groups who may need to learn new software. Or HR directors for hiring issues, or the CIO who needs to ensure that new software will collaborate effectively with old software, or the architects who are working on moving people around so that they can work together, or the managers of the user groups who don't have the time or buy-in to learn new software, etc.

YOU HAVE A NEW JOB

It's not about you. It's not about your product. And y

Melekeok Cheap Rashaan Gaulden Jersey , Palau. Cheap Jerseys Cheap NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NBA Jerseys Online Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys

xuezhiqian123  
xuezhiqian123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

569) times | Article Word Cou
hionable society people

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz