The Jets made a couple of big splashes in free agency by

#1 von liny195 , 20.01.2020 03:48

signing running back Le'Veon Bell and linebacker C.J. Mosley Garrett Bradbury Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , but their attempt to make it a trifecta was squashed when linebacker Anthony Barr changed his mind after a verbal agreement to join the team.Barr wound up going back to the Vikings and Jets CEO Christopher Johnson was asked about Barr’s late flip-flop at the league meetings.“We want people on our team who want to be New York Jets,” Johnson said, via the . “Not everybody wants to be in New York. If he didn’t want to be here, that’s fine. It’s disappointing when someone backs out on an agreement, but we want people who are all-in.”The hope for the Jets was that Barr could help improve their pass rush. They’ll have to find other ways to do that and made a move in that direction by re-signing linebacker Brandon Copeland on Tuesday. They also have the third overall pick to put toward that effort. He got his first chance to talk with the Twin Cities media"Shortly after the Minnesota Vikings made him their second-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, Alabama tight end Irv Smith, Jr. got an opportunity to speak with the Twin Cities media for the first time. He had a conference call with reporters from the area, and thanks to the Vikings’ PR department Minnesota Vikings Jerseys Stitched , we have the full transcript to share with you to get the rookie’s thoughts on being drafted by the purple.Thanks to the Vikings’ Public Relations folks for sending out the transcript.I’m so excited to have this opportunity. I’m blessed the Vikings believed in me, and that they wanted to make me a Minnesota Viking. It’s an amazing opportunity, I can’t wait to get out there.Q: What was it like growing up in a football family?A: It was amazing. My dad doing all the things that he’s done, as a young man having him as a mentor and seeing all his footballs, his helmets, his trophies and everything around the house, just seeing all that motivated me to put myself in this position I’m in today.Q: What do you know about Kyle Rudolph, and how do you see the two of you working together?A: I see him as a player that I definitely looked up to playing football Garrett Bradbury black jersey , especially as a tight end. He’s done so much, been a Pro Bowl player, and I can’t wait to work with him and learn from him.Q: Did you always want to play tight end, considering that was your dad’s position too?A: When I was younger I started out playing receiver. I started playing football in eighth grade, and my sophomore year I started playing tight end. After that I switched over to the position.Q: Did your dad try to steer you in that direction?A: He definitely did. At first he said, “You can be a receiver, and be slow receiver, or a fast tight end.” I wound up being a fast tight end and it worked out.Q: What kind of advice has your dad given you throughout this process?A: He’s helped me so much Garrett Bradbury Jersey Mens , honestly. Just telling me some of the things to do, some of the things not to do, learning from his mistakes. Just picking his brain. He’s helped me so much and he’s going to continue to help me throughout this.Q: Do you take pride in your versatility and your ability to play in the slot and out wide?A: Yes sir, that’s really what I pride myself in mostly. All the best tight ends in the NFL and all the greats, they were able to do both; run block and make plays in the passing game. It opens a lot for you and helps the team in all phases of the game. It’s something I pride myself on and I’ll continue to work on and improve as a player.Q: Talk about your ability to create mismatches.A: It’s something that I really pride myself on. I believe no linebacker or safety one-on-one can stay with me, and I’m going to keep proving to people [why] that’s how I feel.Q: What did you learn from O.J. Howard, playing behind him early in your career?A: I learned a lot from O.J. I was a freshman and he was a senior, and the way he carried himself as a player and a person Football Olisaemeka Udoh Jersey , the way he treated everyone, that’s something that I really took from him. On the field he took no plays off, was a complete tight end, I believe, and it’s proven that he’s doing the same thing in the NFL today.Q: How do you feel you are as a run blocker? Do you think you’re still a work in progress in that area?A: Yeah, I definitely think I’m a work in progress. I went against what I feel like was the top competition in college, and I did a great job of it, but it’s definitely something that I can always improve on and it’s something that is going to be a main focus this coming year.Q: Have you ever been to Minnesota?A: Never. I can’t wait.Q: Have you seen snow?A: I’ve seen snow. I’ve never lived in it Youth Garrett Bradbury Jersey , but I’ve seen it. I’ll have to get used to it.Q: Are you going to go out and buy a car now? I heard yours broke down on the way back from Tuscaloosa.A: Yeah, I was driving from Alabama to New Orleans and it ran out on me. I had it since my sophomore year of high school, so yeah, it’s time for a new lift.

liny195  
liny195
ABCshowteam-MegaFan

Some think the Packers didn’t handle the firing of coach Mike McCarthy
NEW YORK (AP) — Mike Maccagnan’s first draft class with

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz