Fantasy football waiver wire: 5 adds for Week 5

#1 von liny195 , 06.01.2020 03:44

We’re a quarter of the way through the regular season — even further through the fantasy season — and impactful waiver wire pickups will continue to get rarer. But there’s still a few players widely available who can help your fantasy team over the next few weeks. Let’s take a look at this week’s waiver wire targets:Nyheim Hines White Michael Strahan Jerseys , RB, Indianapolis ColtsRostered - Yahoo: 15% | ESPN: 15.5%In two of four games this season, Hines has seen at least nine targets. Against Houston, Hines got 11 targets, which tied for the team lead with Chester Rogers as T.Y. Hilton missed time and it resulted in two receiving touchdowns. Hines played a nice 69 percent with Marlon Mack out and Mack was limited on Monday. Even if Hines isn’t playing 70 percent of future snaps, he might have done enough to earn a role as the receiving back and maybe, more importantly, Andrew Luck’s trust. Hines’s role could be important going forward on a team that’s likely to pass often while trailing.Taywan Taylor, WR, Tennessee TitansRostered - Yahoo: 6% | ESPN: 3.9%With a healthy Marcus Mariota and Rishard Matthews out of the rotation, Taywan Taylor took over as Tennessee’s No. 2 receiver. Taylor played 63 percent of the snaps for the Titans, the second most among their wide receivers, and his nine targets tied with Dion Lewis for second on the team. His average depth of target (12.1) was just behind Corey Davis against the Eagles. Taylor has the talent to be a consistent contributor in the offense and now it appears he also has the opportunity.T.J. Yeldon Michael Strahan Jerseys 2019 , RB, Jacksonville JaguarsRostered - Yahoo: 50% | ESPN: 46.8%This is probably a no-brainer and 50 percent ownership is as high as I’ll go for a player in this column, but it’s important to note Yeldon is still available in half of fantasy football leagues — more than half if you play on ESPN. Leonard Fournette will be out indefinitely, so Yeldon will take the load as Jacksonville’s top back (even though Corey Grant should get more playing time). Against the Jets, Yeldon got 62 percent of the snaps and had 18 carries for 52 yards and a touchdown. He also added three receptions for 48 yards and a touchdown. Without Fournette in the lineup, Yeldon played 58 percent of the snaps against the New England Patriots and 67 percent against Tennessee. The Jacksonville offense is apparently going to go how Blake Bortles goes — a risky week-to-week proposition — but for however long Fournette is out, Yeldon will get a lot of work. Taylor Gabriel, WR, Chicago BearsRostered - Yahoo: 6% | ESPN: 6.6%Gabriel finally had his breakout game in Week 4, along with the rest of the Bears offense. But Gabriel has at least seven targets in each of the past three games. Last week, he had 10 targets with an aDOT of 18.1, the seventh-highest depth of the week. In Week 4, Taylor got his seven targets at an aDOT of 9.6 and took that for 104 yards and two touchdowns. His role has grown each week White Will Hernandez Jerseys , especially since the start of the season when he was only taking screens and “touch pass” pseudo-handoffs in the backfield. Against the Buccaneers, Gabriel played 79 percent of the offensive snaps, which trailed only Allen Robinson at wide receiver.Chicago will be on a bye Week 5, so you’ll have to stash him for a week before he can be used, but he can turn into a high upside play starting in a week.Vance McDonald, TE, Pittsburgh SteelersRostered - Yahoo: 43% | ESPN: 31.3%In the Steelers offense, Vance McDonald isn’t going to lead the team in targets, but there are enough opportunity and enough chances at big plays for McDonald to be a solid play at tight end. McDonald has received five targets in each of the three games he’s played. This week turned into 62 yards and last week it was 112 yards and a touchdown. McDonald, now healthy, out-snapped Jesse James 62 percent to 44 percent against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.He’ll continue to get decent looks and maybe more if the Steelers’ defense remains a unit that struggles to stop opposing offenses. FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Ezekiel Elliott is used to twice the load he carried in the opener for the Dallas Cowboys after the star running back missed the entire preseason in a holdout.The two-time rushing champion says he never had a moment in the 35-17 win over the New York Giants where he felt he wasn’t quite ready for game speed, and Elliott isn’t the type to say he would prefer another incremental step to a full workload at Washington (0-1) on Sunday.“I think I’m ready now for a normal workload Will Hernandez Jerseys 2019 ,” Elliott said Wednesday. “It just depends on how … (the coaches) are feeling on Sunday. But if they ask, I’ll be able to go out there and do it.”There were a few moments against the Giants when Elliott didn’t look quite like himself, including in the third quarter on a 2-yard run when there appeared to be room for more. Not long after, though, Elliott had a seam on the left side and took his final carry 10 yards for a touchdown.Elliott, who averaged 25 touches per game during his first three seasons, had 13 carries for 53 yards and one catch for 10 against New York while playing 54% of the snaps (37 of 68).His first practice was four days before the game, the same day he signed a $90 million, six-year contract extension that could keep him in Dallas through 2026. Coach Jason Garrett said his snap count was almost 30 at halftime, and the Cowboys (1-0) didn’t want to go much beyond that.“I thought he did a really good job in the game,” coach Jason Garrett said. “There’s no question he kept himself in really good shape. His weight was good. And for the time that he missed, I thought he handled the work really well.”It’s not the first time Elliott has started the season without playing a snap in the preseason — he did that last year. And it’s not the first time he has faced a quick turnaround to a game after working out on his own in Mexico — he did that two years ago during a six-game suspension.But it was the first time Elliott had played without any practice in training camp.“It was a little weird jumping right into things, not having camp and having to adjust White Lorenzo Carter Jerseys ,” he said.The Cowboys had the luxury of sitting Elliott the entire fourth quarter because his TD gave Dallas a 35-10 lead late in the third. Rookie Tony Pollard had just 13 yards on nine carries in the fourth and finished with 24 yards on 13 rushes.“I think I could have been in there a little bit more,” said Elliott, whose 14 touches were just one more than his career low. “But we had a certain plan and we’re going to keep taking steps toward it.”Garrett probably won’t offer much insight into that plan before the Cowboys play the Redskins.“We’ll just see how he practices, see how he comes out of the game,” Garrett said the day after the New York game.Elliott said his soreness was “tolerable,” and that the process to get himself in game shape continues.“Just getting as many full speed football looks as you can,” Elliott said. “It’s kinda hard to simulate in practice, but I’m doing everything I can on my end to put myself in those football situations and get used to them.”NOTES: WR Tavon Austin missed practice Wednesday because of concussion symptoms. … DE Tyrone Crawford also was out as he manages a hip issue from the offseason. Crawford played 43% of the snaps against the Giants.

liny195  
liny195
ABCshowteam-MegaFan

Welcome to this week’s Pats Pulpit postgame show
Report: QB Landry Jones works out for Buffalo Bills

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz