BGN Radio #58!" BGN RadioWith Joe Douglas gone

#1 von chenyan94 , 24.12.2019 03:27

Womens Jason Peters Jersey , what’s the Eagles’ next move?New,5commentsBGN Radio #58!EDTGood general managers don’t grow on trees and neither do good general manager job openings. Perhaps the latter part of that statement led to some hesitancy, but ultimately Philadelphia Eagles’ vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas decided to become the next general manager of the New York Jets.It’s a decades long journey for Douglas who will now have to access all of his training under various styles of bosses to turn the Jets into a winner. With the title of general manager being such a coveted prize, what took Douglas so long to finally give a “yes”?Part of the reason for Douglas’ indecision could be the lack of second chances for general managers. Considering the recent organizational tumult within the Jets recently, Douglas wouldn’t be wrong to see it as a risk both short and long term. As Dan Hatman points out Brian Dawkins Jersey , it’s typically a one strike and you’re out proposition.All of these factors combined to produce what’s seen as a favorable deal for Douglas. Not too long ago it was a big deal when long general manager contracts were doled out. The San Francisco 49ers’ 2017 move to bring in John Lynch for the job on a six-year deal was essentially unprecedented. Douglas’ six-year contract also comes with roster control and likely some of “his guys” filling out his staff.The Eagles have several within the organization that have a long history with Douglas. Some of those that could get poached include:Director of Player Personnel Andy WeidlPlayer Personnel Coordinator Casey WeidlPlayer Personnel Executive TJ McCreightDirector of College Scouting Ian CunninghamThe Eagles have fully expected this outcome and undoubtedly have a plan in place, but it’s still a hit no matter how you slice it. If they do see an exodus, they’ll have to find capable replacements. It shouldn’t be too difficult, as Philadelphia should be seen as a place where movement up the ladder won’t take decades. For instance, would you be surprised if vice president of football operations Andrew Berry was a candidate for a general manager job in a few years?The question does still remain though; who will fill Douglas’ shoes? Will it be Andy Weidl http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-sidney-jones-jersey , Andrew Berry, or perhaps an outsider like Ryan Grigson, Brian Gaine, or Daniel Jeremiah?We discuss all of this and much more on BGN Radio #58! Me, Benjamin Solak Womens Rasul Douglas Jersey , and Brandon Lee Gowton teamed up to break this move down from every possible angle. You can listen to it on the media player below or click here if the player doesn’t load. New to podcasts? Check out our guide on how to listen to BGN! FLY EAGLES FLY! Fireside Chats #11!" BGN RadioInside the world of a general manager with Dan HatmanNew,9commentsFireside Chats #11!EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Inside the world of a general manager with Dan HatmanTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailWhat does a general manager actually do? It’s a little bit of everything and it takes a sharp mind to keep every plate spinning efficiently. Pat Kirwan has experience in the front office world of the NFL and once had this to say about the difficulties of the job:To help me better understand the responsibilities, I did two things. First, I read Dan Hatman’s Masters thesis on the topic. Next, I spoke to Dan for Fireside Chats #11 on BGN! We covered a range of topics that also included a preview of the challenges facing Joe Douglas as he begins his journey as the New York Jets general manager. We also tapped into his experience with the Philadelphia Eagles organization to discuss how they could move on from his departure.When I asked Hatman if a rash of departures would hurt the Eagles Mack Hollins Jersey , he had this to say:As it turns out, with the promotion of Andy Weidl to Vice President of Player Personnel it looks like the Eagles bench will stay deep. There were several other key promotions of rumored depatures, including Ian Cunningham (Assistant Director of Player Personnel), Casey Weidl (Director of Scouting Operations).It was expected that the Eagles would lose Douglas, but what wasn’t expected was them being able to retain just about all of the other pieces that had strong links to Douglas. It’s looking like the best-case scenario for future stability.Join me and Dan Hatman of The Scouting Academy as we talk about the front office machinations in the NFL by listening to Fireside Chats #11! You can tune in on the media player below or click here if the player doesn’t load. New to podcasts? Check out our guide on how to listen to BGN! FLY EAGLES FLY!

chenyan94  
chenyan94
ABCshowteam-ÜberFan

You can’t keep them all..."Earlier today
Minshew Mania didn’t have a prayer

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz