The Colts prospect interviews are finishing up as we approach

#1 von liny195 , 10.12.2019 09:09

the NFL Draft this week. Today’s player interview is Bowling Green CB Montre Gregory. The Colts could use more depth at cornerback Antonio Morrison Jersey , and..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:Colts AnalysisInterviewsNFL DraftColts Prospect Interviews: Bowling Green CB Montre GregoryEDTShareTweetShareShareColts Prospect Interviews: Bowling Green CB Montre GregoryAdam Hagy-USA TODAY SportsThe Colts prospect interviews are finishing up as we approach the NFL Draft this week. Today’s player interview is Bowling Green CB Montre Gregory. The Colts could use more depth at cornerback, and the under the radar Gregory could be a good fit. The interview will be towards the bottom of the page, as he interviewed exclusively with Stampede Blue to talk about attending Bowling Green University, playing in the NFLPA Bowl, and a potential move to safety in the NFL.BackgroundSize:6’1” 191 poundsMeasurables (Pro Day): 40 Time: 4.50 / Bench Reps: 23 Reps / Vertical Jump: 33 inches / Broad Jump: 125 inches Career Stats:68 total tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, 1 sack, 1 interception, and 15 pass deflections in his career.Round Projection:Rounds 7-PUDFAFit with the Colts:Gregory may not be a big name in this class, but he does have the traits to be a solid add as an UDFA after the draft. He is bigger player who is a willing tackler and tested fairly well. For a team that struggled with depth at defensive back last season, an undrafted free agent who can play both safety and cornerback would be a solid add. Add in that he has strong ties to the community and is a hard worker and he would just be a great fit with this team after the draft.Film Room: Gregory is a big-bodied player who does a good job of staying in the receiver’s hip pocket. He uses his length well to separate ball from player on film, as well.Gregory is pretty solid at coming off of the edge as well and playing the run. He's not afraid of sticking his nose in there.Interview:ZH: How did you end up at Bowling Green coming out of high school in Maryland?MG: I grew up in Baltimore and it was pretty tough for me. I really didn’t play football too much in high school— I grew up boxing— so when I decided to give football my all in my Senior year, my grades were pretty bad and I didn’t get to play much. I knew I wanted to leave Baltimore, so I decided to walk on at JUCO. I looked up some schools and saw Butler was one of the best in the country, so I walked on there. I balled out, got a scholarship the next semester, but Coach Troy Morrell— who is a legendary JUCO coach— retired so I left and went to Monroe in New York closer to home. I played one year and got a scholarship to Bowling Green. I always told myself that I would always take that first scholarship offer I received, so Bowling Green was that offer and I took it and I haven’t looked back.ZH: After a solid career at Bowling Green, you were invited to the NFLPA Game. What was that experience like for you, and what was it like to be there after all you’ve been through?MG: It was definitely a blessing and I couldn’t have done all this on my own. I just thank God and Jesus Christ who blessed me with that, and it just felt so good, man. When I went out to the NFLPA Game, that experience was wonderful. The weather wasn’t the best, we often practiced in terrible weather and torrential downpours on a grass field. That wasn’t the best, but getting around those coaches and NFL guys who have played at that level was just great. I learned from NFL Hall of Famers like Darrell Green and coaches like Corey Hall and guys like that. It was a blessing and I’m very thankful.ZH: You put together a pretty solid Pro Day for a player of your size. How did it feel to put together a solid performance like you did in front of all those scouts?MG: It was a blessing as well, because this whole process was kind of stressful. Knowing that scouts care about your game film Kenny Moore Color Rush Jersey , but also care about how you perform and test well was stressful. I knew I was a stronger guy and faster guy but I just wanted to be able to go out there and put that stuff on paper as well. It was definitely a relief once I got it done because I trained so long and I was so disciplined with things like my diet and stuff. Just to know it worked out and hopefully helped me get to the NFL was a blessing.ZH: I noticed you are a solid tackler on film. How important is it in your mind for a corner to be good in run defense?MG: I think it is really important. Our coach wasn’t always willing to put his corners in run fits but once he got to Bowling Green and saw what I was able to do, he put me in more situations to run fit. It’s huge being able to put another guy around the line who is able to come downfield in run support. I think it is not a trait that a lot of corners have but I think they should have. I’m just blessed I was able to showcase that skill.ZH: So you run well and are a solid tackler, would you be able to make the transition to safety if a team were to ask you to do that?MG: I’d be extremely comfortable. I actually played some safety at the NFLPA game when I wasn’t at cornerback. I’m comfortable anywhere on the back end. If they were to put me in the box, I feel like I could play some strong safety and do a good job at it. I feel like I could even play free safety as well. Anywhere in the secondary, I’d feel comfortable. I practiced all Spring last year at nickel, too, so I would be good there as well. I feel like I’m a student of the game and I really study how coordinators want their defense to be run and what I can do to help my team win.ZH: Are there any players in the NFL that you model yourself after/compare yourself to?MG: I kind of watch a lot of guys and try to steal aspects of their games for myself. I watch a lot of Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Peterson. For the safety position, I like watching Jamal Adams and Kam Chancellor when he was playing. I just watch those type of guys and see what I can take from their game for myself.ZH: Last question for you. On and off the field, what is my team getting if they draft you in this class?MG: A guy that won’t quit and will work harder than everybody else in the facility. Really dedicated to getting better each day and really in love with the process of it all. I love practice, I love film, I love it all. My heart is always going to be in it. Off the field, I’m somebody who will be doing wonderful things for the community, especially the inner city. Wherever I end up at, I’ll be doing a lot of work for the inner city and single mothers and helping those type of people out. For so very long, the AFC South easily ranked among the NFL’s worst divisions.Not anymore.Both Jacksonville and Tennessee are coming off playoff berths, with the Jaguars a blown lead in the AFC championship game from playing in the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history. The Jaguars and Titans also have their rosters from those trips back largely intact. Deshaun Watson and J.J. Watt are healthy again in Houston. Even Andrew Luck is throwing passes and ready for the season in Indianapolis.“It’s crazy how nobody wanted to play in the AFC South a couple years ago,” Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith said. “Now it seems like it’ll be one of the premier (divisions) in the league.”The Jaguars not only are defending division champs, they are looking for a second straight playoff berth for the first time since 1998-99. The Titans changed coache s after consecutive 9-7 seasons because sweeping Jacksonville last season wasn’t enough to win the AFC South, and another postseason would be their first back-to-back berths since 2007-08. If the Texans stay healthy, they are chasing their third division title in four years.The Colts have a lot of rebuilding ahead, but a healthy Luck is so good that Indianapolis always has a chance.Here’s what to look for out of the AFC South this season:SURGING JACKSONVILLEYes, the Jaguars not only are contenders, they are a popular pick to reach their first Super Bowl. That means dealing with high expectations from the start.“That’s a big jump, but I feel like we’re going to put ourselves in the right position to be an immediate contender,” defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. “I think with the defensive product that we put out there, the offensive product we put out there https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Jeremiah-George-Jersey , and special teams, if we do anything less than what we did (last) year, it’d be a huge disappointment. I know we’re going to be consistent. I can promise you that.”All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey is keeping Jacksonville lively with his comments — positive and disparaging — on NFL quarterbacks. But Jaguars coach Doug Marrone has every key starter back, including 10 of 11 on one of the league’s stingiest defenses featuring six Pro Bowlers. Blake Bortles‘ right wrist has been surgically repaired , and he has an offense that led the NFL in rushing last season.CONFIDENT TITANSTennessee has a first-time head coach who won three Super Bowl rings playing linebacker in New England, Mike Vrabel . This franchise also has been busy building the past three years trying to compete not only in the division but the AFC. The Titans gave themselves a big confidence boost by rallying for a wild-card win in Kansas City before a divisional loss in New England . It was an eye opener.“To be able to experience that was huge,” quarterback Marcus Mariota said. “You understand that the postseason, everything kind of intensifies just a little bit more, and to go through that, to experience that in year three was huge. I do believe that it was a good stepping stone for this season, hopefully for future years as well.”The Titans have new coordinator Matt LaFleur teaching Mariota his third offense in four seasons, and they replaced aging DeMarco Murray by signing Dion Lewis to work with Derrick Henry. They also bolstered the defense by signing cornerback Malcolm Butler and drafting linebackers Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry.HEALTHY TEXANSThis season has to be better for Houston if only because the Texans are healthier. When they finished their first losing season since 2013 at 4-12 last year, 22 Texans were on injured reserve. Losses of Watson , Watt and LB Whitney Mercilus were most costly. So even with the Texans’ run at a third straight division title over, coach Bill O’Brien got a new general manager and a contract extension .Watson was so thrilling while healthy. Yet the second-year quarterback will be tested if an offensive line anchored by center Nick Martin and featuring three new starters can’t protect Watson any better than a year ago, when the Texans gave up the second-most sacks in the NFL.As dominant as Watt was in winning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award three times in four seasons, he now has to prove his body can survive a full season. Watt played only eight games combined over 2016 and 2017.COLTSFinally improving the offensive line has been a big key for general manager Chris Ballard in trying to end a three-year postseason drought. The Colts gave up a league-worst 56 sacks last season, and Luck won’t stay healthy for long if they can’t protect him better. Ballard drafted guard Quenton Nelson at No. 6 overall, signed two free agents, and has center Ryan Kelly coming back off an injury.Owner Jim Irsay also fired Chuck Pagano and hired Frank Reich when Josh McDaniels decided to stay in New England . Reich now has watched Luck return to the field; Luck is feeling much more confident in his own throwing shoulder.“I feel like I can make all the throws I need to make with confidence,” Luck said.Safety Malik Hooker is back from knee surgery that ended his rookie season after just seven games. But not even Luck might be able to cover up the roster issues that Ballard needs more time, draft picks and money to fix.PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH: Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Colts.

liny195  
liny195
ABCshowteam-MegaFan

www.thepackersfanshop.com
Former Seattle Seahawks guard and fourth round draft pick Mark Glowinski

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz