of course its a special day. I honestly c

#1 von riluowanying123 , 11.03.2019 13:22

PHILADELPHIA -- Jeremy Hellickson gave the Philadelphia bullpen a much-needed rest.Cesar Hernandez homered, doubled and singled, and Hellickson pitched seven strong innings in the Phillies 4-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday night.Hellickson became the first Philadelphia starter to throw seven innings since July 26.That was just what the doctor ordered, Phillies manager Pete Mackanin said.Maikel Franco had two hits, including a double and the winning RBI, and Aaron Altherr homered for the Phillies. They have hit home runs in 14 straight games.Great night for us, Mackanin said.Jeremy Hazelbaker homered and Jhonny Peralta had three hits for St. Louis, which had won five in a row. The Cardinals are 1 1/2 games ahead of Miami for the second wild-card spot in the National League.We had a hard time getting anything going against their starter, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. We couldnt get a lot of those late hits weve been accustomed to getting.St. Louis fell short of setting a major league record of 10 straight games with multiple home runs. The Cardinals tied the mark with a pair of homers Friday night.Hellickson (10-7) skipped his last start because of back tightness. The right-hander looked healthy and sharp, allowing two runs on seven hits with eight strikeouts and one walk. He pumped his fist into his glove after striking out pinch-hitter Greg Garcia to finish the seventh.I felt good, Hellickson said. It was good to save the bullpen tonight. I was just getting ahead and kept the fastball down for the most part.Franco put the Phillies ahead for good with a two-out single to left in the fifth that scored Hernandez from third.Jeanmar Gomez pitched a scoreless ninth for his 33rd save in 37 opportunities.The Phillies jumped on rookie Luke Weaver (0-1) with a pair of runs in the first.Hernandez led off by driving an 0-1 pitch into the seats in right field for his fourth homer of the season. The Phillies have gotten Hernandez to level his swing midseason, and he is batting .350 since June 27. He is hitting .500 with a pair of homers in seven games during Philadelphias homestand.Hes really swinging the bat well, Mackanin said. We had a harsh reality check for him -- keep the ball out of the air.Cameron Rupp put Philadelphia in front 2-0 with a broken-bat RBI single to left.The Cardinals tied it in the third. Weaver singled to center for his first career hit and scored on Hazelbakers two-run homer to left.After the Phillies took the lead in the fifth, Altherr made it a 4-2 game by drilling an 0-1 pitch from Jonathan Broxton over the wall in left.YOU AGAIN?Altherrs homer was the first the Phillies have hit off Broxton since Matt Stairs pinch-hit homer in Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS at Los Angeles.WEAVERS OUTINGWeaver, a 22-year-old making his second career start, went five innings and allowed three runs on nine hits with six strikeouts and no walks.I might be trying to make too good of pitches, which pushes the pitch count up, said Weaver, who was lifted after 96 pitches. Its not about making the perfect pitch, just making a quality one.RARE WINThe Phillies won for just the third time in their last 12 games against St. Louis.FAN HITA young fan sitting about 20 rows behind the Cardinals dugout was struck by a foul ball off the bat of Freddy Galvis in the eighth inning. After being treated at the seat for several minutes, the fan was carried out to the concourse by an adult into the waiting arms of medical personnel.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: Hernandez was back in the starting lineup after a two-game absence due to a sore right foot. He did pinch-hit in Friday nights game.UP NEXTThe teams conclude their three-game series Sunday when Cardinals RHP Mike Leake (8-9, 4.78) faces RHP Vince Velasquez (8-5, 4.14). Cheap Air Jordan Shoes Online . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Air Jordan Shoes Discount .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. http://www.cheapairjordan.net/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Air Jordan China Wholesale . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Cheap Air Jordans Retro . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery.TORONTO - As the Blue Jays played the Orioles in the opener of a four-game series Thursday evening, Friday nights starter was making his way to Toronto from Portland, Maine. Sean Nolin, a 23-year-old lefthander who was the clubs sixth round pick in the 2010 draft, will make his major league debut. "Super excited," said Nolin, who arrived shortly after the Blue Jays 12-6 win over Baltimore and addressed the media almost immediately. "(Pitching in the major leagues) is something Ive wanted to do since I was probably five years old and Im happy to be here." It was a whirlwind day. Nolin was informed of his call up while sitting in the dugout as his New Hampshire Fisher Cats teammates were playing Portland. He quickly packed, made the two hour drive from Portland to Boston, caught a flight to Toronto and arrived at Rogers Centre shortly after 10 oclock. There will be no rest for the weary. Nolin couldnt predict how well, if at all, he would sleep but when he arrives at the park on Friday catcher J.P. Arencibia will be waiting for him. They have a game plan to discuss. "I got to catch him last year when I was rehabbing in the (Florida) State League for the playoffs," said Arencibia. "Hes got good stuff. The biggest thing to know is youre here for a reason, you belong here. Hes got great stuff. Its just now about going out there and playing. Its the same exact game, no different, its just relaxing and trusting your abilities. God gave him some gifts, just use them." Nolin features four pitches: fastball, changeup, curveball and slider. In three starts with New Hampshire, Nolin is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA. Hes struck out 16 hitters in 15 1/3 innings. All the more impressive considering Nolin missed the first month of the season rehabbing an injury. Nolins parents, Edward and PPatricia, will be in attendance Friday night after making the 10-hour drive from their Long Island home.dddddddddddd Theyd drive but they dont yet have their passports. "Thats on them," Nolin joked. Casey Janssen reflected on his major league debut, also against Baltimore, on April 27, 2006. "I was kind of in awe," said Janssen. "You think all that hard work and all the time and efforts that you put into it; of course its a special day. I honestly couldnt wait for it to be over. Hopefully his nerves will be calmed down a little bit and he can pitch his game and pitch to his strengths and treat it as much as he can as if its just another baseball game." Meantime, the Blue Jays will give the ball to Chad Jenkins on Sunday. Jenkins, whos been available out of the bullpen but hasnt been used, hasnt pitched since throwing five effective innings of one run ball in a 12-4 win at Boston on May 12. "Ive been able to throw quite a few pens so my location, I mean I threw a pen the other night, my location feels pretty good, a lot of happier than I thought I was going to be with it," said Jenkins of dealing with the time off. "So, for me, thats kept me fresh and then the fact these past few nights Ive had to mentally lock in that I might actually have to pitch in a game so that right there has helped me visually what I have to get done." EPY GUERRERO PASSES AWAY The Blue Jays held a moment of silence prior to Thursdays game to mourning the death of long-time scout Epy Guerrero. Guerrero is credited with signing more than 40 Latino players who would play in the big leagues. He was responsible for acquiring some of the Blue Jays greatest ever talent, including Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Carlos Delgado. Guerrero died on Thursday. He was 71. ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco.
y, Sutter said.Colin Millers wrister from th

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz