ttle coach Sigi Schmid was that the Sounders ment

#1 von riluowanying123 , 28.12.2018 12:29

NEW YORK -- Johanna Konta sat on a towel along the baseline, her racket resting by her feet, an ice bag under each arm, chest heaving.Fans murmured with concern in the stands and her opponent stood next to her chair, unsure what to do.Asked later how she was feeling -- physically -- the 25-year-old Brit replied instead: Im feeling a little embarrassed.Konta had keeled over while trying to start her service motion, one point from losing the second set of her U.S. Open match. Down on the court for 7 1/2 minutes, she came back out to hit one serve into the net for a set-ending double-fault, after which she headed to the locker room to change her sweat-drenched outfit.Then the 13th-seeded Konta returned to win the third set for a 6-2, 5-7, 6-2 second-round victory over Tsvetana Pironkova that lasted more than 2 1/2 hours.With Konta serving at 5-6 in the second, the game dragged on for 10 minutes, including four deuces and four rallies of at least 10 strokes. After the last and longest of those -- an 18-shot point -- Konta missed her first serve, then bent over as she attempted the second.She went down to her knees, gasping for breath. Her heart was racing, her body shaking.Pironkova came to the net; the chair umpire rushed over. A ballperson laid a towel next to her, and the chair ump handed her several bags of ice.Four minutes passed before medical staff got to Konta, who had rolled onto her back by then. They checked her pulse and her blood pressure, held a thermometer to her ear and a stethoscope to her back.Pironkova sat in her chair, staring off blankly, legs bouncing.Something like this also happened to her about four years ago on a hot and humid day at another tournament in the U.S., Konta said, though she couldnt remember the details.Because Id experienced it once before, I didnt start crying, she said.Focused on controlling her breathing, Konta put together an efficient third set to move on.I just played with what I had, she said.I feel quite certain that with some TLC Ill be good to go again in a few days time, Konta added.All the delays -- the medical timeout, the toilet break -- were within the rules, Pironkova agreed. That didnt make it any less maddening.What wasnt fair to me was what happened after that -- the toilet break, she said. Because with that toilet break the match was stopped for just too long. ... Today I am not very happy about the rules.The 71st-ranked Bulgarian, a French Open quarterfinalist this year, had rallied from down a break in the second set.It was an unfortunate time, she said. I had my momentum going. I was getting back in the match. ... That break, somehow, maybe stopped that momentum.Konta didnt want to speculate about what exactly caused her issues Wednesday, when temperatures were in the mid-80s. She did note shes played a lot in recent weeks -- 16 matches since the end of Wimbledon.Its hard to feel the difference between general tiredness, general fatigue, once you cross over to where your body starts shutting down a bit, Konta said. I think all athletes kind of play a very fine line with that. We push our bodies to the limits that they can go. I definitely hit, you know, one of my limits. That was the way my body reacted.A year ago, Konta needed to qualify to get into the U.S. Open. Then she advanced all the way to the round of 16 -- the first time shed been past the second round at a major. That was part of a 16-match winning streak against various levels of competition that sparked a surge up the rankings, and she went on to make the semifinals at the Australian Open.Ninety-seventh in the world coming into the 2015 U.S. Open, Konta has her best career seeding at a Grand Slam at this years tournament.Asked why she found Wednesdays travails so embarrassing, Konta explained: Im out there to play my sport, to showcase my sport. Im not an actress. Im not a drama queen. Cheap NCAA Jerseys . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Cheap College Jerseys . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. http://www.collegewholesalejerseys.com/ . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Wholesale College Jerseys Authentic . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Discount NCAA Jerseys . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round.SANDY, Utah -- Real Salt Lake has found the perfect offensive rhythm and opponents are paying the price for it. Salt Lake has a reputation for possessing a stingy defence. In recent matches, it also has found ways to beat teams on offence, too. "Were punishing teams when we get our chances," RSL midfielder Kyle Beckerman said. "When you score and you change the game, a team cant come in here and sit back. They got to come out now." Seattle learned that lesson first hand. Beckerman scored a goal right before halftime and Robbie Findley added another immediately after it to lift Salt Lake to a 2-0 victory over the Sounders on Saturday night. The win vaulted RSL (9-5-3) into first place into the Western Conference. Seattle (6-5-3) lost for just the second time in its past nine MLS matches. Salt Lake has scored two or more goals in five consecutive matches and has 27 goals in its last 10 games across all competitions, registering eight wins during that stretch. Beckerman put Salt Lake on the board in the 41st minute, scoring on a deflected free kick by Javier Morales. The ball bounced off a defender and took a hop out to Beckerman on the right side of the box. He cleaned it up perfectly, sliding a half-volley under to the crossbar. Seattle had no shots on goal and did not create a single shot period during the first half. "This is our first shutout in a few games," RSL defender Nat Borchers said. "We put that on the bulletin board and really made that a point to get that tonight." It only took 40 seconds of the second half for Findley to close the door on the Sounders, giving RSL a two-goal lead in the 46th minute on a second-chance goal after his initial shot was saved. Findley tracked down a deep pass from Morales and fired a righht-footer just outside the 6-yard box.dddddddddddd Seattle goalkeeper Michael Gspurning cleared the ball out to Khari Stephenson, who flicked ahead to Findley again. He launched another shot just outside the right upper corner of the box. This time, he threaded the ball inside the left post. "We talk about being a consistent team and competing with the best teams in the league," Seattle forward Eddie Johnson said. "We cant come out and give up a goal 40 seconds into the half. Theres too much experience on this team. Theres no excuses." The Sounders struggled to mount a comeback because they could do hardly anything against RSLs stiff defence. They did not create their first shot of the game until Mario Martinez curled the ball from the right side of the box at Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando in the 73rd minute. Seattle finished the match with a total of two shots. RSL tallied 17 shots, putting six on the net. More concerning than the lack of shots for Seattle coach Sigi Schmid was that the Sounders mentally packed it in after Findleys goal. "Goals change games," Schmid said. "From that point on in the second half, I thought they pretty much dominated us. At that point, I didnt think we made smart decisions or played well. And they were the better team for sure." RSL coach Jason Kreis cautioned his players against letting their rise to the top the Western Conference go to their heads. "Young players need to be concerned with one thing: getting better every day and giving their best in training sessions," Kreis said. "They dont need to concern themselves with how many points this team has at all. If theyre doing that, theyre certainly not going to be in the right mindset to further their game." Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

Mullens, who leaves the Golden Eagles as the programs career leader in yards passing (11,994) and TD passes (87
absolutely nothing to do with the flags of either c

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz