y, said Brown, whose grandmother was fatally shot in

#1 von riluowanying123 , 29.08.2018 14:38

AUBURN, Ala. -- Giving up football was tempting for Josh Holsey, who once again faced the long road back from knee surgery.But those are not the values the cornerback for No. 8 Auburn was taught growing up. Instead, Holsey worked his way back from his second serious knee injury and is having the best season of his career, including key interceptions in the past two games going into Saturdays visit to Georgia in his home state.It feels good, especially after what Ive been through, Holsey said. Ive been through a lot.It didnt start with that non-contact torn ACL during a Thursday practice before the 2013 Texas A&M game. Certainly not with a similar injury early last season.The fifth-year senior learned the value of perseverance long before that from his father, Johnathan. Johnathan Holsey, who still serves in the Army, had to have his left leg amputated below the knee after an improvised explosive device blew up near is convoy on Nov. 10, 2004.He has come back to run eight of the last nine Army Ten-Milers and a half marathon. Now, father and mother Marilyn Davis can look with pride on how their son handled his own trials and came back a better player than ever.I always told him giving up wasnt an option, said Johnathan Holsey, who is stationed at Fort Detrick in Maryland. But it had to be something he wanted, he had to go after it. I think that was a good thing. He never really gave up. He still believed he had the willpower to do and do even better than hed ever done.Holseys last-minute interception in Auburn territory helped preserve a 23-16 win over Vanderbilt. A week earlier, his fourth-quarter pick set up the final touchdown in a 40-29 win over Mississippi .Holsey leads the Southeastern Conference with 10 pass breakups, matching his total the past three-plus seasons. He has three interceptions after recording just one before this season.A six-game starter as a freshman, Holseys first big knee injury came right before facing the Aggies and quarterback Johnny Manziel.I had a really big role that week, Holsey said. Things happen. You cant really dwell on it too much. I was sad and down a lot but I bounced back from it.He started seven games the following season but was injured again in the second game in 2015, receiving a medical redshirt. This time, the doubts crept in about whether he wanted to go through the process of returning to the field again. Coach Gus Malzahn offered Holsey a chance to return on scholarship and finish his degree if he decided to give up football.It was a tough decision for me, Holsey said. At one point, I did say I didnt want to play any more. I didnt know how to respond to the second knee injury at one point. To come back was the best decision for me and everybody around me.Then-Auburn secondary coach Travaris Robinson told him he should come back if I felt like I had anything left in the tank.Holsey clearly had plenty left in the tank.Josh has had his best year, I believe, Malzahn said. From the stability, leadership, hes a quarterback on the back end. He has the ability to make a play when a team needs it. Youve seen it two weeks in a row during the fourth quarter of games that have yet to be decided, hes made the play of the game.That says a lot about him. Hes playing at a very high level.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Vapormax Flyknit Noir Homme . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Vapormax Flyknit 2 Homme . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. http://www.vapormax97pascher.fr/vapormax-97/vapormax-97-metallic-cashmere.html . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Vapormax Flyknit Homme Pas Cher . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Nike Air Vapormax 97 Japan . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. COMPTON, Calif. -- Venus and Serena Williams made a rare visit to their childhood hometown, where their half-sister was killed in 2003, to have tennis courts dedicated in their honor on Saturday.The sisters were greeted by cheers from a few hundred people when they arrived at Lueders Park, not far from their former home in the violence-plagued city of Compton located 17 miles south of downtown Los Angeles.We literally lived right down the street so we could walk there, Venus told the crowd.Banners hung in the four corners of the two newly refurbished courts proclaiming them the Venus & Serena Williams Court of Champions.We are really excited to be here, Serena said. Driving here brought back so many memories. We definitely want to see some more champions come from these courts.Venus added: Its been a surreal experience to be back in this way.To have the tennis court refurbished, to make sure that theres coaching available, to make sure that these programs go on and to make sure that this sport stays here in our community, its a big part of bringing us all up and creating positivity for young people.The sisters laughed and applauded the Compton Sounders drill team and drum squad that performed for them on court.Babies in strollers, members of a Girl Scout troop and elderly residents were among the crowd sitting in white chairs on the two courts.Thelma LeBeauf, an 84-year-old fan from Los Angeles, clutched a plastic bag filled with newspaper articles about the sisters she has clipped and saved over the years. She pulled out a photo from the late 1990s, when the sisters wore colorful beads in their hair.At that time, black people, we werent into tennis, said LeBeauf, who attended with her daughter and granddaugghter.dddddddddddd Ive learned from watching them. I like the style they play.The sisters first learned to play tennis a few miles away on courts at East Rancho Dominguez Park in an unincorporated area surrounding Compton under the tutelage of their father, Richard, who didnt attend Saturdays ceremony.They were accompanied by their mother, Oracene Price.The previously run-down and little-used courts at Lueders Park are fenced with lighting and now host three tennis camps and clinics, according to Aja Brown, the citys 34-year-old female mayor.When you consider all the challenges and all the obstacles that the Williams sisters had to overcome and they stayed focused and dedicated, so that same message is being transferred over to the young people in the city, Brown said.The sisters are helping fund the Yetunde Price Resource Center in Compton, set to open early next year. Named for their half-sister who was killed in a drive-by shooting in September 2003, the center will help connect residents affected by violence with service providers.Its definitely a healing moment. They havent been to the city of Compton since their sister passed away, said Brown, whose grandmother was fatally shot in Compton. All of us in the community in some way have been touched by violence.After the ceremony, the sisters left the park and headed to the Healthy Compton Festival at the citys transit plaza, where they were set to judge dance and food contests.The sisters primarily live in South Florida, where their father moved the family from Compton so they could further hone their games at a tennis academy. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

was stopped inches short of the goal lin
yches.As for the wind, thats the enemy of eve

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz