nd Oakland Raiders?are set to meet in Mexico City

#1 von riluowanying123 , 21.08.2018 15:24

The Premier League of Darts is north of the border on night four, so Rod Studd has selected his five favourite Scottish throwers. Defending champion Gary Anderson heads back to his homeland for the Premier League on Thursday night, live on Sky Sports.Studd has witnessed a string of successful Scotsman through the years and he picks out his top five... Jocky Wilson Jocky Wilson is considered the finest Scottish player of all Jocky, you have to say, is the greatest Scottish arrow-smith of them all and part of the first golden era of darts. He was a member of the holy trinity of darts, along with Eric Bristow and John Lowe. The three of them went at it hammer and tongs between them.Twice the world champion, Jocky firstly beat Lowe in 1982 and then he defeated Bristow in a tremendous final in 1989. Jocky raced off into a 5-0 lead and Brissy came back, and then Jocky just about scrambled over the line. It was a classic final and probably the last hurrah for Wilson. A smile comes across the lips of anyone that knew him, once they mention the name Jocky. Rod Studd He will always be fondly remembered for that period in the 80s. Eric quite aptly described Jocky as a one-off and that is exactly what he was. A smile comes across the lips of anyone that knew him, once they mention the name Jocky. Some of the antics and great stories they could tell about him. Everyone remembers him so very fondly, that idiosyncratic throwing action, and he is of course sadly no longer with us.Gary Anderson Gary Anderson collected his second world title in January A two-time Scottish world champion, Gary indeed may become the first Scotsman to win the tournament on three occasions to surpass the great Jocky Wilson. He of course has taken the title in 2015 and 2016 and we have witnessed the blossoming of Anderson in the last 12-18 months.In the BDO, he never got beyond the Lakeside semi-finals, and fell short in the 2011 PDC final before finally ending his wait for a first World title in 2015. But now he is fulfilling that potential and has become one of the main players in the PDC world of darts. Anderson produces the first perfect nine dart leg of the World Championship against Jelle Klaasen in the semi-finals Twice a Premier League winner as well and undoubtedly taking his place in the list of great Scottish dartists, but now among the greatest players to have ever played the game. Hes gone from being Dream Boy back in the early 2000s to The Flying Scotsman and he really has been flying.Les WallaceMcDanger Wallace is famously the first ever left-handed player to win the World Championship, beating Marshall James in 1997. Only Mark Webster has followed since then as a left-handed champion, and he remains the only darts player to this day to win the tournament while wearing a kilt. Les Wallace was the first left-hander to win a world title To be honest, people look back at Les as a bit of a cartoon character. I think they forget that he beat Raymond van Barneveld and Mervyn King on the way to the final, the two aces in the BDO pack at that time. He won the 1998 World Masters too, beating Alan Warriner-Little, which was another big scalp. But after that, he didnt really have a lot of luck really. He only won two more matches at the Lakeside and disappeared off the darting scene.Les just edged out Ronnie Sharp and that maginficent moustache, which earned him the Pancho nickname.Jamie HarveyBravedart Harvey was one of the founder members of the PDC when the split came in 1993-94 and really for many years was one of the most colourful, engaging characters. You would get The Bonnie Banks O Loch Lomond as he came on - and the fans loved it. Harvey was a fans favourite during his entertaining spell in the sport Jamie was just an entertaining player. His level of success never reached the heights of some of the players weve got on the list. In fact, the best he ever did was reach the semi-finals of the World Matchplay and the World Championship in 1996. But if you ask someone to name a player from the mid 90s then Jamie Harvey will come up quite a lot.My favourite memory was a particular darts promo featuring Jamie. It was at the same time as the Mel Gibson film Braveheart in 1995. They recreated the scene when Gibson sprinted towards the camera, screaming like a madman, with a Saltire painted onto his face. Jamie had his face painted exactly the same, but then the camera panned out to reveal Jamie running through a forest, armed only with a single dart. I still chuckle about that from time to time.Peter WrightI toyed with the idea of Robert Thornton, who of course defeated Michael van Gerwen in last years World Grand Prix in Dublin. But Im going to pick Wrighty as the final Scottish player and partly to emphasise that he is Scottish. He was born just outside Livingston to Scottish parents and this accusation of being a plastic Scot is grossly unfair, just because he moved south of the border when he was very young. Peter Wright has become a serious contender despite his light-hearted image Lets not forget he partnered Gary Anderson to the final of the World Cup of Darts last summer when they were only beaten by Adrian Lewis and Phil Taylor, representing England. I know he was very proud to represent Scotland and was hoping to put one over the Auld Enemy.Peter Wright has not just become one of the great characters, but one of the great stars of the game in terms of his playing ability. He reinvented himself from 2010 onwards. That wild hair, which his wife Jo cultivated for him, then the flamboyant shirts and trousers to produce this character Snakebite. The way he milks the crowd, its great theatre. Wright brought the house down in Dublin after checking out on 161 in his match against James Wade Away from the oche, hes quite shy, and is quite literally all trousers and no mouth. But hes actually become a very serious darts player which people shouldnt forget as well. Watch night four of the Premier League this Thursday, from 7pm on Sky Sports 1. Or watch for £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Schedule/Results Features Get Sky Sports Nike Shox Buy Online . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Shox Outlet .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. http://www.shoxnikesalecheap.com/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Nike Shox Shoes . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Nike Shox Clearance . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. LONDON -- When 84,000 fans pack into Wembley Stadium to see the Washington Redskins face the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, they wont just be representing the NFLs burgeoning British following.Fans from across the continent will be making the trip to the showpiece soccer venue; theyll be hopping on flights and trains to take in the live experience of a sport they have only ever seen on television.One of the most striking features of the NFLs International Series: the sheer range of fans who show up to the London games. While the Jacksonville Jaguars have become Wembleys team in residence, committing to play there once a year until 2020, jerseys from around the league can be seen no matter who is playing on the field.For all the British accents heard in the official tailgate party outside Wembley -- or across town at Twickenham Stadium, which hosted its first NFL match last Sunday -- there are also French, German and Spanish voices busily gossiping about the sport.Akin Cetin is a 20-year-old engineer from Mainz, Germany, who made the trip to Twickenham for the game between the New York Giants and Los Angeles Rams. He said the atmosphere at English rugbys headquarters was unlike anything he had experienced.The Giants game was the first live one Ive seen and my first time in London, said Cetin, a Baltimore Ravens fan. The atmosphere was brilliant. In soccer, you have two fan bases, one for the home team and one for the away, and they fight and shout. At this NFL game, there werent just fans of two teams, there were fans of all 32 teams there.It was such a good feeling to be there. At that point, I thought, Hey, I can do this every year. The people I met there were all interested in [American] football like me; we made jokes about our teams and their records. It was one of the best experiences of my life.That camaraderie among fans was clear to see during the tailgates at Wembley and Twickenham earlier this month, when Arizona Cardinals fans from Austria and Tennessee Titans supporters from Switzerland could be found mingling over beer and hot dogs. Cetin said the appetite for the game was only growing in his home country.Football is becoming bigger and bigger in Germany, he said. Youre hearing people say, Sorry I cant come out on Sunday because Im watching football. As a real football fan and not one just jumping on the bandwagon, its beautiful to see more and more people enjoy the sport I love.I hope that the NFL will one day have one or two games per season in Germany. That would be so great.League officials said 94 percent of ticket holders at International Series games have come from the UK, with the rest evenly split between Americans and Europeans.With Wembley hosting around 84,000 fans, it can be estimated that approximately 2,500 of them will be dropping in from continental Europe. That number could be big business for London and some of the travel companies that serve the city, with many fans willing to pay a pretty price for a taste of live NFL.Cyrillle Gohier, a 43-year-old Parisian who has been following the league since 1985, is just one example.dddddddddddd The nuclear planning engineer -- and New England Patriots fan -- attends a London game each year and estimated he spends £500 ($610) or more each time.For the train, its perhaps £150 ($183), then the ticket is £120 ($147) because I like to go in the best seats, Gohier said before his trip to London for the Redskins-Bengals game. Then another £150 ($183) if I stay in a hotel, and inside the stadium, I spend maybe £50 ($61). But if I purchase some merchandise at the tailgate, then it can go up very fast!Gohier says the atmosphere is unrivaled at the London games because they are the only chance for European NFL fans to gather in one place.If you follow rugby, you can support your team maybe two times per month in the stadium, but London is a meeting for fans of all [NFL] teams, he said. You see all the jerseys. Some from 20 years ago, some from now. Theres a kind of U.S. atmosphere too, but its a mix of the American and the European. You cant compare it to any other game in any sport in Europe.As the NFL grows in the UK, the mighty Premier League has demonstrated the riches that could be on offer from foreign fans venturing over for live matches. The tourist authority VisitBritain said the average spent per trip for soccer spectators in the country is £855 ($1,044), and 800,000 tourists attended at least one game in 2014.Jeremy Jolicart lives in Bordeaux, France, and traveled to London with his wife for the game at Twickenham. He estimated he spent about £900 ($1,099) in the city during his five-day trip, and he said it was worth every cent for the chance to see the American football stars in action.Im a big Giants fan, so it was obvious that Id travel to London for the game, the 31-year-old IT worker said. The thing I enjoy most is seeing the players in real life, because its not just an image on your TV screen.I love the NFL because of the show it puts on. Every game is spectacular. No professional leagues in France do the same thing.For Jolicart, fandom has no borders.I travel to London because its cheaper and closer than going to the U.S. to see games, but if they staged a game in another country in Europe, Id go there too just to discover a new place, he said. Ive been in Dublin for the Notre Dame-Navy game [in 2012], and last year, I was in San Francisco for the 49ers-Vikings game. My wife and I just really love football.Sundays game at Wembley will be the last one in London this year, but its not the end of this seasons International Series; the Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders?are set to meet in Mexico City next month.Rumors are swirling, too, that the NFL is eyeing a match in Germany as the league seeks to grow the game internationally. The European fans would certainly welcome that move. Next stop, Berlin? Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

ikeandmike@espnradio.ddddddddddddom) or twe
att Stevens for the tour to Australia four years ago

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz