s cleaned out, and the Phillie

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 31.07.2018 09:09

We talk to former Fulham coaches Kit Symons and Ray Wilkins about the vast potential of Manchester Citys Patrick Roberts, currently on loan at Celtic. Bennie Logan Titans Jersey ... Patrick Roberts hadnt heard of Jimmy Johnstone, the Lord of the Wing. He didnt even look his name up when it was mentioned to him. But the legendary Jinky still conjures up awe and excitement at Celtic. Their supporters know a winger of talent when they see one.Roberts is more gifted than most. And while, some Celtic fans might recoil at the absurdity of mentioning the two men in the same breath, the teenagers arrival on an 18-month loan from Manchester City has certainly caused a stir among those longing to be entertained. Roberts signed for Manchester City in the summer in a big-money move A £12m summer move from Fulham to City might have shocked some, but within the game Roberts had long been identified as a player of vast potential. He was part of Englands European Under-17 Championship winning side and made his Premier League debut at 17.That ability to glide past opponents; that love of being on the ball. These are the skills that lend themselves to YouTube attention and playground mimicry, even while the wait for a first senior goal continues. Roberts has shown that happy knack for getting bums off seats.Hes been introduced slowly at Celtic. Firstly, there were the whispers about some exciting performances for the development team. Then there were glimpses from the bench. Last time out at Kilmarnock, he showcased his talent with a skilful display in the second half. Andy Walker feels Celtics last gasp win over Kilmarnock could be a defining moment The calls for Roberts to start are growing. Former Fulham boss Kit Symons is someone who understands that anticipation better than most having coached the player at youth and senior level. Those prodigious gifts succeeded in capturing his imagination immediately.Pat is a tremendous footballer, Symons tells Sky Sports. Hes one of those players who you just love to watch. I remember seeing him as a real young boy when he first joined the academy and even back then as a 15-year-old he could do fantastic things with the ball.Pats one of those get-on-the-ball-and-run-at-people type of players. He just puts a smile on peoples faces. When he was training with the first-team as a kid, every now and then youd just stop and clap the things he does. When he was training with the first-team as a kid, every now and then youd just stop and clap the things he does. Kit Symons on Patrick Roberts Symons paints a picture of a youngster who just loves to play. The added colour is provided by an anecdote about him getting the bus home from training to save his mother picking him up - and this coming even after hed made his debut for the Fulham first-team.Ray Wilkins also worked with Roberts during his brief time as a coach at Fulham under Rene Meulensteens management and was equally impressed. His character is first-class, Wilkins tells Sky Sports. Hes a lovely lad and they get a good grounding at Fulham.Patrick is one of those guys who can change defence into attack very quickly with his pace. In the final third, hes devastating - especially at youth level. Hes a player who Rene Meulensteen and I always felt would push on. Roberts has started only one game for Celtic so far since his switch Hes a slight lad - hes not as tall as me - but he has an immense amount of ability and one I hope will shine in the Premier League.Its that build that perhaps explains why Roberts development has not been as swift as might have been expected of a player of his ability.While some fans were frustrated by Symons decision to introduce the youngster slowly, he was always going to require careful management. Physically hes not a big and strong lad so he still needs to develop but that will come, adds Symons.He needs to be integrated into first-team football and get the right opportunities at the right club and at the right time. Hell have to build it up gradually but he can go on to be an absolutely fantastic player. If he fulfils his potential hell be a real star for the future. The question for Roberts is whether, in fact, he is picking the right clubs. Concern over the decision to join City has only been exacerbated by the fact that hes seen only four minutes of Premier League action for them - coming on with the team 4-1 down at Tottenham.The subsequent loan move to Scotland might be seen as a backward step given the strength of some of the opponents in Celtics division. Is this really a step up from the Championship in which hed been playing? Wilkins has his doubts but believes it could yet work out well.I was a bit surprised when he chose Manchester City, I have to be honest, says Wilkins. Its a massive move to a massive club when he hadnt really done anything at Fulham. Itd have been nice if hed gone back on loan and made his mark in the Championship. Welcome to the real world. This is playing for points and guys playing for bonuses for their families. Ray Wilkins on Patrick Roberts But Celtics a good move for him because hell be playing with good players. You have to get in there against blokes who are going to knock you about a touch. Welcome to the real world. This is playing for points and guys playing for bonuses for their families.Symons agrees. It could prove to be a very good move for him, adds the Welshman. Obviously, it is a very physical league but Celtic should be winning more games than not and if hes playing in a team thats on top then youll see the best of him.So in that respect it could prove to be an excellent move. I do hope so because hes a lovely lad. He just loves playing football and hes got that schoolboy mentality to him whereby he just loves kicking a ball about. You hope he never loses that. Jinky Johnstone used to spend hours in the playground alone. Hed then dribble between the milk bottles he lined up near his home. Roberts certainly seems to be a player in that spirit. Now Celtic fans are just anxious to get a proper look at how good he might be too. Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news, line ups and goal alerts from your football club - direct to your mobile Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Blaine Gabbert Titans Jersey . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Luke Falk Titans Jersey http://www.titansauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-malcolm-butler-jersey.html . Poti played in 824 regular NHL games with four teams in his career; the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and the Washington Capitals.PHILADELPHIA -- With the bases loaded, Ryan Howard knew he was going to get a pitch to hit. It was just a matter of waiting for the right one. Howard hit a grand slam, capping a five-run rally in the eighth inning that lifted the Philadelphia Phillies over the Houston Astros 6-5 on Thursday night. "I knew going in he was going to bury some sliders and I had to keep off the sliders," Howard said. "Bases loaded, I knew at some point he had to give me something to hit. Hes got to give me a strike." Chris Carter hit two homers and drove in four runs for Houston, which lost its eighth straight in Philadelphia. "This was a pretty tough loss," Astros manager Bo Porter said. Carlos Ruiz and Ben Revere each had two hits as the Phillies completed a three-game sweep. Mario Hollands (2-1) pitched two scoreless innings, and Jonathan Papelbon pitched the ninth for his 27th save in 30 chances. Howard connected with two outs on a full-count pitch from Tony Sipp (2-2). "The matchup was what we wanted," Porter said. "He beat the best guy we have down there." Marc Krauss also homered for Houston. Philadelphia trailed 5-1 entering the eighth after Colin McHugh threw seven strong innings for the Astros. Houston reliever Josh Fields gave up hits to three of the four batters he faced, including Cody Asches RBI single that made it 5-2. Sipp allowed a single to Jimmy Rollins to load the bases with one out. After Chase Utley flied out, Howard homered into the seats in left-centre field. "I hit it pretty flush," Howard said. "I got it pretty good. Off the bat, yeah, I pretty much knew. But that wind started kicking up a little bit. I was happy it was enough." Howard pointed to his family after crossing home plate and then took a curtain call. It was the third homer and 11th RBI in 12 games since manager Ryne Sandberg benched the struggling slugger for three games, July 23-25. Howard has endured boos and some negative reaction to comments he had made regarding the treatment he has received. "Its unfortunate, to be honest with you, that thats what happens," Howard said. "But Im going to go out there and continue to play. I understand what it takes to play the game. It wasnt there early, but I just needed it to be there once and it was there for me, so Im going to try to build off that." Howard also drove in the winning run in the Phillies 2-1, 15-inning win over Houston on Tuesday. Sipp and the Astros werent able to keep him down this week. "I hold myself to a high standard, so I have to make sure it doesnt happen again," Sipp said. Carter hit his second homer of the game and 24th of the season, a two-run drive in the third. He leads the majors with 11 home runs since the start of July. TRAINERS ROOM Astros: Reliever Josh Zeid had the first of two foot operations on his right foot on Wednesday, and the Astros deemed it successful. Zeid will have the same surgery on his left foot in six weeks. The right-hander appeared in 23 games this season with a 6.79 ERA in 20 2/3 innings. He last pitched on July 24. ... Outfielder George Springer will rejoin the Astros in Houston on Friday, but his status will be evaluated prior to the game. He was on pace to be activated from the DL (quadriceps), but his return is in question after he left Wednesdays rehab start at Single--A Quad Cities because of discomfort. Custom Tennessee Titans Jerseys. Phillies: Cliff Lees season officially is over. That was the indication on Wednesday when his locker was cleaned out, and the Phillies made the announcement on Thursday that Lee wont pitch again in 2014 due to a Grade 2 strain of his left elbow. Lee will require rest but not surgery and will begin a throwing program in September or October with the hope that he will be healthy for spring training. UP NEXT Astros: Houston returns home to host intrastate rival Texas on Friday night in a matchup of the teams with the worst records in the AL West. Astros left-hander Brett Oberholtzer (4-7, 4.17) faces right-hander Miles Mikolas (1-4, 7.29). Oberholtzer, in his fourth stint in the big leagues this season, is 4-1 with a 3.08 ERA in his last eight starts. Phillies: Philadelphia hosts the Mets for the first of four on Friday night. Right-hander A.J. Burnett (6-11, 4.16) opposes New York righty Bartolo Colon (10-9, 4.12) in a meeting of veterans who are a combined 78 years old. Two-time Cy Young winner and eight-time All-Star Roy Halladay also will be on the mound for the Phillies, but in a ceremonial capacity. Halladay will throw out the first pitch as the Phillies welcome back former players on alumni weekend. Travelling MAN Phillies starter Sean OSullivan gave up three homers in six innings. He was summoned from Toledo, Ohio, where the Phillies Triple-A team was playing, after Philadelphia traded pitcher Roberto Hernandez to the Los Angeles Dodgers earlier Thursday. OSullivan had started the second game of a doubleheader on June 28 against Atlanta in his only other big league appearance this season. He was just about to take a nap around 1:00 Thursday afternoon when he got the call to catch a plane to Philadelphia. He arrived at the airport around 5:30, but it took him 30 minutes to take the short trip to the ballpark due to rush-hour traffic, giving him about an hour to get ready for a start. He wasnt deterred by the crazy travel schedule though. "I could have shown up at 7:02 and I would have been ready to go," he said. "Im just happy to be here, happy for the opportunity." TOUGH LUCK McHugh was in line for his first victory since June 3 after allowing one run and five hits, striking out eight, and walking none. He is 0-6 in his last nine starts and has a 1.86 ERA on the road overall. "McHugh did a great job but our bullpen wasnt able to hold it together," Porter said. UNUSUAL DOUBLE PLAY Philadelphias Grady Sizemore was involved in an unusual 6-5-6 double play in the second inning. Asche hit a soft liner behind second base where shortstop Marvin Gonzalez was positioned. Sizemore held up at second base to see if Gonzalez would catch the ball, but when it dropped in front of Gonzalez he was caught in no mans land. Gonzalez stepped on second to force out Carlos Ruiz, who was on first, and then got Sizemore out in a rundown. That twin killing was one of six double plays in the game, four of which were converted by Philadelphia to tie a season high. BASES IN GOOD HANDS The Phillies brought out three recipients of the Purple Heart to change the bases after the third inning. Purple Heart recipients Shawn Lees, Bryon Yoder and Carol Eggert changed the bases while receiving a standing ovation from the crowd of 26,609 fans and applause from the Astros and Phillies players. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220
ABCshowteam-ÜberFan

playing Juan Martin del
to get the season started

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz