te in last years opener.HE SAID ITIts like getting

#1 von riluowanying123 , 12.06.2018 13:42

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Dejan Vasiljevic is a native of Canada with Serbian roots who grew up in Australia and has now found a home as a shooting guard for the Miami Hurricanes.Vasiljevic is the most well-traveled member of a talented freshman class already playing a significant role for the Hurricanes, who compete in an eight-team tournament in Orlando beginning Thursday.In Miamis first three games, all wins, Vasiljevic has averaged 11.7 points while going 9 for 18 from 3-point range.He can really, really shoot, coach Jim Larranaga said. I told him he reminds me of me -- a really good offensive player who doesnt play much D. He really tries, but youre guarding a different kind of player, an athlete who is very skilled, and he hasnt faced that kind of athlete on a regular basis. So hes learning.Vasiljevics background suggests hes quick to adapt.My parents are from the former Yugoslavia, he said. Because of the war, they decided to move here and there.He was born in Calgary and moved to Melbourne when he was 6. He has Canadian and Australian citizenship, and plans to apply eventually for citizenship in Serbia, where he still has family. His parents and sister live in Australia.His unusual accent -- mostly Aussie, a bit Serbian -- made him somewhat difficult for teammates to understand at first.Im trying to get rid of the Australian slang in my speech, said Vasiljevic, who pronounces his name DAY-on Vass-EEL-uh-vitch and goes by DJ. At first they didnt know what I was trying to say, but Ive gotten into their vocabulary and how they speak.Teammate JaQuan Newton said Vasiljevic was shy and quiet when he first arrived.But now hes talking the language we talk, Newton said. Hes picking up our lingo. Hes very playful.And he can play. His parents both played semi-professional handball, but he took up basketball at 12 and quickly became hooked, modeling his game after Croatian NBA star Drazen Petrovic, who died in a car crash four years before Vasiljevic was born.Vasiljevic has given the young Hurricanes a perimeter threat as the offense retools after the departure of last seasons leading scorers, Sheldon McClellan and Angel Rodriguez.His shooting ability caught the eye of college recruiters in the summer of 2015 playing for a U-19 team in Europe. He made visits to Miami and Stanford and chose the Hurricanes because he liked Larranaga and the weather.I thought it was the perfect fit for me, he said. Its a new family to me, a new home.Vasiljevics parents probably wont make it to the United States this season to see him play in person. He said he misses moms cooking, and notes there are no longer kangaroos in his backyard.But the biggest adjustment has been dealing with cars driving on the right-hand side of the road, opposite from Australia. Hes in no rush to obtain a U.S. drivers license and gets where hes going mostly by walking, which isnt much of a problem because he lives on campus.Vasiljevic wants to get a degree and plans on a four-year stay rather than an early exit for the NBA. He likes Miami so well he helped land two prospects in next years recruiting class and would be happy to give other prep players his sales pitch.Im 2 for 2, he said. Lets see if I can keep it going.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Astros Jerseys China . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Cheap Stitched Astros Jerseys . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.wholesaleastrosjerseys.com/dallas-keuchel-jersey/ . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Jose Cruz Jersey . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. Josh Reddick Jersey . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A pair of seven-footers ended up having a big night for Florida State.Michael Ojo recorded the first double-double of his career -- 13 points and 10 rebounds (both career highs) -- and Christ Koumadje had a career high 14 points as Florida State defeated Winthrop 100-86 on Friday.It makes it so much easier. When Ojo and Christ play big-time like that, it opens up so much for us, said guard Xavier Rathan-Mayes, who had seven points and nine assists.Ojo, a 7-foot-1 senior center, missed last season due to a knee injury. Nine of his points came from the line, where he has struggled in the past. Ojo made only 40.2 percent of his foul shots his first three years but was 9 of 12 on Friday and is making 75 percent (12 of 16) for the season.When I came back after my rehab this is one of the things Ive been working on consistently, Ojo said. This year I feel like I have to make them to leave something behind to be remembered about.Koumadje, a 7-foot-4 sophomore who is the tallest player in Seminoles history, got the first double-digit scoring game of his career as he was 7 of 8 from the field. During a 10-0 run in the first half that allowed FSU to take a 31-19 lead, he had a pair of alley-oop dunks off assists by Rathan-Mayes and Dwayne Bacon.Christ runs the lane so well, hes the tallest guy on our team and probably one of the fastest, Rathan-Mayes said. He puts so much pressure on defenses when he plays like that, when he plays with confidence and, like I said, he just opens up the floor for us.Dwayne Bacon led the Seminoles (3-0) with 15 points while Jonathan Isaac added 14 and Braian Angola-Rodas 11. The combination of Ojo and Koumadje allowed the Seminoles to have a 50-32 points-in-the-paint advantage.Winthrop (2-1) steadily whittled down the lead and got within 58-54 five minutes into the second half on a Fisher free throw before FSU went on a 9--0 run.ddddddddddddI thought we settled down in second half, defended a lot better and executed well. We wore them down with our depth, Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton said.Xavier Cooks led the Eagles (2-1) with 23 points while Bjorn Broman added 16 and Roderick Perkins 11.Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey said he thought Florida States size ended up wearing them down. By the five-minute mark of the second half the Eagles had four players in foul trouble.We were close enough to be semi dangerous in the second half. We missed some open looks and at the same time they keep coming at you, he said.BIG PICTUREWinthrop: Non-conference road games have been difficult for the Eagles. They have dropped 20 of their last 27 and 36 of their last 54 overall road games.Florida State: The Seminoles showed off their depth as 11 players played within the first 10 minutes with eight scoring. Ojo and Koumadje played a combined 12 minutes in Tuesdays 21-point win over Iona but played 30 on Friday.CENTURY MARKIt is only the fifth time in a regular-season game in Hamiltons 15 seasons that the Seminoles have scored in triple figures. The last time was a 109-62 victory over Nicholls State in last years opener.HE SAID ITIts like getting a couple root canals playing against their talent and athleticism, Kelsey on Florida State.UP NEXTWinthrop: The Eagles conclude a three-game road trip on Monday against Illinois. It is the fourth time in the past five years they are facing a Big Ten team.Florida State: The Seminoles host Detroit Mercy on Sunday. This marks the first time since 1994 that they are facing the Titans.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Joe Reedy on Twitter at www.twitter.com/joereedy Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123
ABCshowteam-Groupie

n enough time and more whether to go for a
cility. Manfred, Clark and MLB chief baseball office

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz